You’ve been longing for larger breasts for a long time, and found a way to achieve them- breast augmentation surgery!
Then, the big day came and you finally had your breast augmentation surgery. You were informed that your new breast size will not just pop up suddenly; you will have to wait for your body to settle and heal.
Patients usually wonder about the post-breast augmentation course in terms of time, stages, tips, and potential pain.
So, in this aspect, having an overall idea about the recovery process for breast augmentation would be great! The following are some frequently addressed concerns.
What is the recovery time for breast augmentation?
Every lady is unique, and recuperation times may range. The recovery period is affected by a variety of parameters, including implant volume and style, position, and even the surgeon’s clinical expertise.
Complete healing normally requires six to eight weeks in general. Throughout this period, it’s crucial to avoid vigorous exercise, lifting large objects, and overburdening yourself.
The breasts should appear and seem more realistic after eight weeks. Women should schedule a consultation with their doctor for a thorough examination of the breast augmentation.
Breast augmentation recovery stages week by week
Patients are curious about the stages they will experience post breast augmentation. Remember that since each patient is unique, what happens in the recovery stages may differ. Kindly contact your health care provider if you have any worries. Generally, the stages of the recovery of this operation can be categorized into weeks.
You may experience moderate irritation or pain within the first week. The severity of the pain, on the other hand, should really have diminished. If advised by your doctor, you may well be ready to resume regular things at this time.
Nevertheless, intense movements, such as raising your hands in the air should be avoided because they can cause discomfort and bleeding. Your breast augmentation will start to settle in at this point; however, do not expect the final outcome to appear suddenly.
Once you reach the tenth to fourteenth-day postoperative period, your breast augmentation recuperation begins to ease off.
Heavy work and strenuous exercise are nevertheless off-limits, but you can begin somewhat modest exercise. The pain you’re experiencing will be less at this time, but it will not vanish; you’ll still see a reduction in swelling, bruises, pain, and reactivity.
Many women restart their enthusiasm for exercise at this point, but they must wait six weeks after the operation to engage in any rigorous activity.
The best thing about the third week after your breast augmentation surgery is that you will be in almost no pain at this point. Breast swelling and bruises might as well have gone away by now. Nevertheless, due to the type of operation and whether there occurred any problems, it is common to still have bruises.
Your surgeon may advise you to begin doing gentle activity but to avoid severe activity. At this phase, wearing a garment and front closing bras can help stimulate recovery.
When you have completed weeks four to six, you will surely have a good idea of what your ultimate outcomes will seem as.
After the swelling has gone down, the inner tendons and ligaments should be repaired. Following this stage, you will observe very modest and minor alterations, with the wounds gradually becoming less visible until they are no longer noticeable.
With a few more months passing, you can eventually assess whether the treatment has fulfilled your hopes.
Breast augmentation recovery tips
The effectiveness of your breast augmentation is determined by your power to recover. By doing several things, you can empower yourself. Also, the expected outline of the recovery stages is highly dependent on how you take care of yourself. You can improve your likelihood of a quick recovery by doing the following:
- Before the operation, get your house ready: Complete any cleaning and food preparation before the operation. Once you return home to heal, you’ll have to take a break from the house chores.
- Recovery garments should be worn: Pay attention to your surgeon’s directions. Recovery garments offer stability while also reducing discomfort and swelling.
- Consume foods that are high in nutrients: A nutritious eating will aid your body’s natural recovery. Eat a variety of veggies and fruits, as well as substantial proteins.
- Ensure the safety of your cuts: You may be required to use a wrap or administer lotion, based on your doctor’s choice. Always stick to the instructions.
- Stay away from strenuous exercise: Exercise that is too intense can cause the recovery period to be slowed down.
- Use your medicines as instructed: Pain killers will assist you in feeling more at ease in the first weeks. If your surgeon has recommended antibiotics, make sure you finish them.
- Dress comfortably: Clothing that is comfy and flexible will make you remain calm and feel more at ease.
As long as you understand the part of your attitude in the recovery period, know that you’ll have more comfortable healing.
How painful is the breast augmentation recovery process?
It’s not as bad as you may assume. In reality, the pain is so minor that pain relievers are sufficient to handle any pain experienced post-breast augmentation. Surely, there are two major elements that influence the pain you feel after this operation. One is your pain threshold, and the second is time.
How to speed up healing after breast augmentation?
There are few things to speed up healing process after breast augmentation surgery. Here is a short list of that:
- Lie on your back while sleeping
- Stay away from alcohol and tobacco
- Do not lift heavy objects
- Avoid upper-body activities
- Stop wearing tight bras in order to heal scars faster
Keeping your immune system strong is also important in recovery process. So it would be better for your immune system if you regularly eat and sleep. In addition to that, consuming nutrient dense food will also help you to heal faster rather than eating low nutrient food such as snacks.