|Language||Turkish (Dr. Bayer Clinics have navite European speakers)|
|Visa||is not required for a trip of at least 30 days per visit|
|Time difference with Europe||3 hours|
|Time difference with the USA||8 hours|
|Medical Tourism Centers||Istanbul, Izmir, Antalya|
|Popular Regions||Alanya, Kemer, Marmaris, Fethiye, Bodrum|
|Best period for the trip||February-September|
|Currency||Turkish Lira (EURO, USD, POUND are also accepted.)|
What is Beard Transplant ?
In latest years, there has been an increase in need for beard transplanting by men who have scarce hair on their facial area. This is accomplished by transferring hair follicles from the head to areas of the beard of males where hairs are scarce.
Beard transplants can be used to restore hair to hairless areas caused by heredity, injuries, burns, or diseases. The beard isn’t the same as hair and everyone’s volume is unique. As a result, everybody’s beard transplanting is done differently. Using local anesthesia, this treatment is finished in a matter of hours. People can grow natural beard without experiencing any discomfort.
Because the FUE technology is employed, beard transplanting is a fairly comfortable procedure. Glands are taken from a thicker donor site and placed in the facial area using this procedure. After a few months, the final outcomes of the beard transplantation will be visible, and the outcomes are lifelong.
Can you get a beard transplant?
The beard transplant operation allows practically any male to grow a thick beard that covers his facial skin from corner to corner. There are various requirements for this operation.
To start with, hair transplant operation is done using the same technique as beard transplant surgery. As a result, in order to be a good target for the treatment, you should have enough hairs in a donor site that suit the color and structure of your beards. In addition, patients should have reasonable goals for the effectiveness of the beard transplant process, keeping in mind that results do not appear immediately.
Furthermore, you satisfy the requirements if you have diminishing or inconsistent spots of development in your beard; struggle with scarring in the beard region as a result of operations, wounds, or another unpleasant events that you would like to hide; or simply wish a denser, bolder beard than you presently have.
Types of beard transplant
A beard transplant is just that: Hair is taken from one part of the body and transplanted to your jawline and wherever you want your beard to grow.
That sounds simple enough, but it’s a rather involved process. There are two main approaches a surgeon can take:
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE): This approach is done by harvesting complete follicular units one at a time from the donor area. FUE is less painful, which may explain why it’s the more commonly performed procedure
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT): For this approach, a surgeon cuts a small strip of tissue from the back of the head and removes the hair follicles from that tissue.
A follicular unit is a small grouping of several hair follicles that may emerge through the skin through the same exit point.
Both procedures take anywhere from 2,000 to 5,000 hair follicle grafts or more from the back of the head, usually level with your ears, or a little lower, and implant them on the face.
A graft is a hair follicle that’s transplanted.
|Healing Time||10 Days|
|Back To Work||1 Week|
Almost No Scarring
Sapphire FUE, DHI Choi Techniques
|Age Limit||25 To 75|
Beard transplant procedure
Beard transplant by FUE method is the process of collecting a sufficient amount of hair follicles from the donor area and placing the roots into the channels in the target area in accordance with the natural angle. Although other facial areas can be donors, grafts from the nape are usually a better option for a successful transplant.
In cases where the beard is not present, the planting of 1000 to 3000 roots can be sufficient to achieve the desired appearance. However, doctors may plant more roots according to the patient’s desires. You feel no pain as you will be under local anesthesia.
There will be no scars after beard transplant thanks to micro punches. Also, there is a possibility that acne-sized cysts may form in the region as a result of placing the hair follicles deeper. These dermoid cysts are frequent complications and heal in time.
A Beard transplant is slightly different than a hair transplant as the intensity of beards may vary from person to person. If there is a loss, doctors should consider the frequency of the beard, and harmonize the new follicles with the surrounding hair. You will be under anesthesia during the procedure. There are three anesthesia techniques before the beard transplant.
Types of Anesthesia
- General Anesthesia: In general anesthesia, which is the most comprehensive type of anesthesia, the person is completely unconscious and numb.
- Regional Anesthesia: In regional anesthesia, the person is not asleep. He is conscious, and his senses like vision, hearing, taste, and smell are functional.
- Local Anesthesia: In small surgical operations, nurses apply this with very thin needles to a specific location. The effect lasts between 15-20min
After the beard transplant, you can return to your daily life as quickly as possible. You can wash your face 24-48 hours after the operation. Planted hair follicles appear in 2 to 3 days. There is an increase in the blood supply in the planting area, which causes acne-like small rednesses in the hair follicles for 2-3 days.
Due to the clotting of the blood coming out of the small holes, you may observe redness which can last for 4 to 6 hours according to the number of roots. These slight rednesses that lead to better nutrition of the hair follicles, usually disappear within a week.
The hair follicles experience a shock loss approximately two weeks after a beard transplant. After this temporary shedding, the hair follicles grow completely within 4-8 months according to the genetic structure of the person.
What Are the Risks and Side Effects of Beard Transplant?
Just like many other cosmetic procedures, a beard transplantation has potential risks may result in several side effects. Following a beard transplant, you could perhaps anticipate several short-term side effects, such as:
- Itching and irritability of the skin
- Bloating and pain in the skin.
- A sensation of unsteadiness in the face
- Face scabbing and irritation
- Face discoloration and stiffening
The majority of these complications will go away within a few days after surgery. To relieve the pain, the doctor will frequently recommend skincare products and lotions. It is also recommended that you do not rub the itching areas or grab at the crusts to aid in the recovery process.
Direct sunlight should also be prevented because it enrages itching, aches, and bloating. You also shouldn’t smoke, consume alcoholic beverages, use a sauna, or take part in intense exercise. Inability to obey the advice may result in unfavorable side effects such as infectious diseases.
Beard Transplant- Recovery Timeline
Side effects from beard transplants are common, however they are usually minor. They also do not endure long and will fade with time. Swelling, moderate bruising, redness, ingrown hair, and sensitivity in the donor area are all possible side effects.
Timeline of recovery;
- You’ll need a day off from work to recover from the beard implant operation.
- Tiny crusts may form around each newly implanted hair follicle, but these will flake off in a few days.
- After roughly a week to ten days, you should be able to resume normal shaving and trimming of your new beard, nevertheless, it is advised to use scissors to shorten your new beard not to disturb the follicles.
After your beard transplant treatment, your surgeon will offer you a set of guidelines to ease the healing process and guarantee that you get the best results possible. It is critical that you follow all of these directions exactly.
So, in the course of recovery, you should pay attention followings;
- For up to one week after the transplant surgery, avoid contacting the transplanted area. This will assist to limit the possibility of infection. Only touch the region when washing, and then try to keep your hands away from it.
- Limit your activity for two weeks following your beard transplant. Try to avoid strenuous exercises and any action that requires physical exertion. Avoid going to the gym, saunas, swimming, running, and other activities. Resting will aid in the recuperation process.
- Because smoking restricts blood flow to your beard, the formation of new follicles may be hampered. Furthermore, smoking may cause your blood vessels to constrict, which may impede the growth of your beard.
- You must abstain from drinking for at least two weeks prior to and two weeks following your beard transplant treatment. Avoiding alcohol will assist to reduce edema. When you drink alcohol, your blood vessels dilate, putting your body at danger of edema. Alcohol can also thin the blood, making the platelets in the blood less active. This, in turn, reduces their ability to coagulate, which might result in bleeding.
- Water is a critical component in your body’s repair process, and it is largely reliant on it. Water is necessary for waste removal and the transport of nutrients from one part of the body to another. Nutrients must be transported to various places of your body in order for healing to occur quickly. Every day, you should drink at least 8 glasses of water.
- Avoid using razors or clippers for the first three months after your beard transplant treatment. These may irritate the transplanted area and potentially harm the hair follicles that have been sown. If you must cut, use only scissors until the transplanted region has completely healed.
In general, the beard transplant recuperation process is trouble-free. It frequently causes just minor discomfort or none at all. After about a week, visual symptoms of the transplant surgery begin to recede, and you should be able to shave regularly again by this time to 10 days after the treatment.
How Much Does Beard Transplant Cost?
Having beard, sometimes, might be tricky among the men. They want beard hair on their facesas much as possible. But, when they do not have, there is a way to get the desired appearance. That is beard transplant operation. Worldwide, there are hundreds of clinics for you to consult on.
Some of the countries which hold beard transplant surgeries and their prices;
USA: The cost of a beard transplant in the United States ranges from $6500 to $11000, depending on your needs. You may be charged a fee if extra operations are required.
Spain: The average cost of a beard transplant operation in Spain is around 4800 Euros, though this varies according on the doctor’s experience, clinic, and so on.
Netherlands: If you select the Netherlands, you should expect to pay roughly €8300 for a beard transplant.
France: The transplantation procedure would set you back €9000 in France.
UK: This operation is performed in clinics in the United Kingdom for an average of 15000 Euros.
Germany: When visiting Germany, you should have at least €12000 in your pocket.
How much beard transplant cost in Istanbul, Turkey ?
In the US and other western countries such as the UK and the rest of Europe Beard transplants aren’t cheap. They can cost upward of $15,000 depending on the number of grafts needed.
Partial transplants — to fill in facial areas that currently don’t grow hair — can cost between $3,000 and $7,000, again depending on the number of grafts implanted. However, the prices in Turkey are way cheaper as the starting price start from $1500. Although other clinics in Istanbul will be even cheaper to beat the other competition.
Beard Transplant in Istanbul, Antalya or Izmir
Beard transplant in Istanbul is available to anyone who has no beard genetically or who has lost his beard for other reasons, has reached the age of 20, and has no health problems that prevent the procedure from being performed using the FUE Technique. It is not necessary to shave the entire hairy area in this process, which follows the same basic principles as hair transplantation. Istanbul is one of the favorite places for beard transplantation. This is because they have highly successful beard transplant doctors. Because of this, it is the most preferred position in beard transplantation.
Beard transplant in Antalya patients have insufficient hair in the donor site. We usually prefer the hair on the back of the neck for beard transplantation. In the event that there are insufficient donor hair follicles, body obtained from the arms, legs, and chest may be the next best options.
Beard transplant in Izmir Beard transplantation is appropriate for patients with male pattern hair loss (MPH), but it is not possible for patients with other types of alopecia. Patients with alopecia universalis have no hair on their scalp or body, so they are not candidates for this procedure.
All inclusive beard transplant package:
- Accommodation (3 nights stay in a 4-star hotel)
- VIP transfers (Private car. From the hospital to the hotel, then to the hospital, and back)
- Translator service if needed
- Painless Local Anesthesia
- MicroFUE maximum density pre-operation haircut
- PRP Treatment Medications
- Post-operative care essentials, such as shampoo, lotion, special hat, neck pillow, pain killers, aspirin, antibiotics, etc.
- PRP therapy to stimulate better hair growth.
Why is a beard transplant in Turkey cheap?
Turkey is the most popular country in all kinds of hair transplantation and plastic surgery, and it is easier to receive a beard transplant in Turkey, at a much cheaper cost.
- One of the big factors to a cheaper cost, Turkey supports the domestic manufacturing of any goods and products over importing, As a result, it eliminates shipping, logistics, and customs costs from the final pricing stage. This same concept contributes to low health care costs and surgery prices in Turkey.
- In the United States or the United Kingdom and Europe, average salaries play a major part in what can truly be called ‘low cost’ here in Turkey, and not only income, but the cost of living is higher.
And that can answer why a beard transplant is cheaper in Turkey. It’s a matter of understanding how the world works. The low prices have everything to do with the economy and nothing to do with’ the quality’.
How to choose the best clinic for a beard transplant?
If you are already coming to Turkey, you may also go to the best clinics to get your beard transplants, a significant consideration for choosing the best clinic is that first, you have to look at their website online and read the customer review and, secondly, you have to know the expertise of your physician who conducts your procedure.
And we provide you some of the main factors, to help you choosing Istanbul Turkey’s best clinic for hair transplant:
- Dedications and Commitment
- Consistent Results
- affordable hair transplant
A high hair transplant cost does not guarantee you the best results, you must know hair transplantation restoration procedures and costs and know what applies to you.
And do not go for fake advertisements-make research by yourself. Find the center with affordable hair transplant over the internet and then enquire personally.
Beard Transplant Reviews in Turkey
BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES
You can visit our Instagram page or contact us via Whatsapp to see beard transplant before and after photos in Istanbul, Turkey.
Is beard transplant permanent and worth it?
The most lasting remedy for beard thinning is a beard transplant. A beard transplantation can help establish a permanent remedy for a spotty beard, much as hair transplants can help produce a permanent remedy for a thinning scalp.
So, without any doubt, to get the most everlasting answer for your beard, a beard transplant surgery is worth it!
Is beard transplant painful?
Nearly everybody who comes in for a beard transplantation is terrified of pain during or after the operation.
Essentially, you will be pain-free. You will not have pain after the transplantation if you use the medicine on a constant schedule. Burning in the transplant location may develop 1 hour following the operation, which you will be able to endure fine.
What is the success rate of beard transplant?
According to studies, the transplant has a 60-80% probability of success, and a further transplantation may be necessary for complete impact. This, of course, is based on the skill, expertise, and training of your doctors and surgical staff, as well as your post-operative treatment and biological condition. To get the best results, be sure to search for the best surgeon, and take care of yourself.
Is beard transplant safe?
Yes, beard transplants are safe, according to experts. However, infections and hemorrhage are possible complications with any surgery, but they are uncommon with beard transplanting. Hair follicles might get infected and irritated on occasion. Scar tissue at the donor location is also a risk, although majority of the hair will hide that location within time. Be sure to be cautious after the surgery.
Does beard transplant leave scars?
If conducted by a trained specialist in a reputable facility, beard transplantation leaves no scars. Within several days, the micro-channels that have been created recover entirely and the redness will vanish.
It is up to you to find a trained surgeon and a successful clinic; therefore, you should make a detailed research, rather than trusting the first clinic you see.