Hair loss affects up to 85 percent of men and 40 percent of women. Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and other hair transplants are minimally invasive surgeries to help cover bald spots caused by hair loss.
Hair transplants date back to at least 1939 in Japan. In the early days, the results usually looked unnatural and gave a plug-like appearance. It wasn’t until surgeons first started transplanting individual hair follicles (also known as follicular units) in 1995 that hair transplants started giving natural-looking results.
In FUT surgery, a surgeon cuts a strip of skin from the back or side of your head and extracts individual hair follicles. These follicles are then inserted into the balding parts of your scalp. The surgery works best at covering a receding hairline caused by male pattern baldness.
|Language||Turkish (Dr. Bayer Clinics have navite European speakers)|
|Visa||is not required for a trip of at least 30 days per visit|
|Time difference with Europe||3 hours|
|Time difference with the USA||8 hours|
|Medical Tourism Centers||Istanbul, Izmır, Antalya|
|Popular Regions||Alanya, Kemer, Marmaris, Fethiye, Bodrum|
|Best period for the trip||February-September|
|Currency||Turkish Lira (EURO, USD, POUND are also accepted.)|
What is Fut Hair Transplant ?
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) entails transferring single hair follicles, while Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) entails medically cutting a piece of tissue from the head, from either side or back, and then extracting the follicles. As a result, a FUT hair transplant can be a more intrusive surgery with a higher risk of leaving a noticeable scar.
The doctor will indicate your desired hairline as well as the location where the tissue will be extracted during FUT. Anesthesia will be used, and the person will normally be conscious during the procedure. A piece of tissue with the hair follicles to be transferred is medically taken and extracted after the spot is trimmed. The hair from this tissue piece will then be extracted and transferred to the new hairline location. After that, stitches are used to connect the head, and the person is given painkillers and bandages to cover the region.
Who Can Get FUT Hair Transplant?
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) is a hair restoration procedure that involves relocating hair follicles. This type of hair transplant surgery is an excellent option for men suffering from androgenic alopecia, or male pattern baldness. There are, without any doubt, several prerequisites that should be fulfilled.
Doctors will only perform on individuals beyond the age of twenty – five as a general rule since potential hair loss tendencies are more anticipated. Also, Men with a source hair thickness of fewer than 40 follicle fragments per cm2 are considered poor patients for FUT operation, and the doctor will explain this to the patient. Because the color scheme between hair and skin is less obvious, men with lighter skin and lighter hair colors, in other words, blondes and redhead are great targets than those with dark hair. Lastly, FUT hair transplantation is best for men who have reasonable expectations of outcomes and a background of adhering to hair loss drugs and therapies.
FUT hair transplant procedure
During FUT, a surgeon cuts a strip of skin from your scalp, usually from the back of your head. The exact size of the strip depends on the number of follicles needed to cover bald spots. The strip usually doesn’t exceed 1 to 1.5 centimeters (0.4 to 0.6 inches) wide. Once the individual follicles are removed from the strip, they’re re-inserted into your scalp.
Hair transplant surgeries take between 4 and 8 hours. FUT surgery is generally quicker than FUE surgery. Most people stay awake during the surgery with local anesthesia that numbs their scalp. Here are the steps to the FUT procedure
- The surgeon will re-draw your hairline, mark the area of hair extraction, and take photographs for your medical record. You may have the option of taking a sedative before surgery. Local anesthesia will be applied to your scalp to numb it.
- The hair at the donor site, where your hair is removed from, will be trimmed to about two millimeters.
- The surgeon will cut out the strip of skin with the hair follicles that will be used as a graft. You’ll stay awake during the surgery.
- A technician will remove individual hair follicles from the strip and prepare them for transplantation.
- The surgeon will close your scalp with sutures.
- The hair follicles will then be inserted into the balding parts of your scalp in a pattern that looks natural.
- An antibiotic and bandages will be applied to your scalp.
Difference between FUT & FUE
FUT and FUE both involve transplanting individual hair follicles. During FUT surgery, a surgeon cuts a strip of skin from the back or side of your scalp and then extracts the hair follicles. In FUE surgery, your surgeon will remove individual hair follicles directly from your scalp, rather than first taking a strip of scalp skin.
FUE is currently the most common surgery. Some of the advantages of FUE include:
- quicker healing time
- less pain after surgery
- doesn’t cause a significant scar
- hair from other body parts can be used
- can be used even if you have poor hair density
What Are the Risks and Side Effects of FUT Hair Transplant?
In FUT operation, a doctor removes single hair follicles by cutting a piece of tissue from the rear of your scalp. These hairs then are implanted into the areas of your head that are balding. Like any kind of a cosmetic procedure, FUT Hair Transplantation have some possible risks. However, these are uncommon. Only about 1% of patients have a disease as a result of this cosmetic procedure. The following are some of the possible adverse effects and risks:
- Hair that doesn’t appear realistic
- Follicular irritation, also known as folliculitis
- Scarring from FUT: Hair removal with FUT surgery produces a mark at the hair removal location. The scar will lessen with time, but it will remain forever. The depth of the scars is determined by the number of follicles used throughout operation. The scars are usually disguised by your hairstyle, but if you choose a short haircut, it may be apparent.
Fut Hair Transplant-Recovery Timeline
FUT involves taking a skin piece from the back of the scalp and stitching the donor area shut. Under microscope, the skin piece is then sliced into individual follicular unit transplants, which is a very complex technique. Although it is a complex procedure, patients should never worry about what is to come. In general, one of the most common worries among patients is “How quickly will my hair grow following the surgery?” and, of course, “What will occur to me following a FUT Hair Transplant?”. What the candidates should keep in their mind that hair transplants are more of an adventure than a magic pill, and the transplanted follicles will require some adjustment time. Every individual is different, and there will always be fresh hair growth differences. Nonetheless, here is a comprehensive summary of the affects you might anticipate at various stages:
Recovery Timeline After surgery:
- Your head should be recovered enough to start softly washing it again around 5 days after your hair transplant. The discomfort and edema that developed after the transplant should have mostly subsided at this point.
- The stitches from a FUT treatment will be dissolved seven to 10 days following treatment.
- Your scalp will most likely be reddish and blistered after 10-14 days. This usually just lasts two weeks, however it can last more in persons with pale skin.
- Real hair regeneration will start 2-3 months following your operation, but it will be spotty and inconsistent at first since all of the follicles will start working at various periods.
- The bulk of your hair follicles should start developing hair again between 5-8 months, and by 10 months, the overwhelming majority of hair transplantation patients will have regained full, realistic, healthy hair after the operation.
What to expect after a FUT Hair Transplant:
The patient’s mentality plays a part in the effectiveness of a FUT hair transplant. So, in order to achieve the best possible result, simply a few actions should be taken. It is critical that patients take post-operative guidelines into consideration to make sure that the implanted hair heals and grows properly. Here are some of the guidelines for a FUT hair transplant, although your doctor and his or her team will go over anything with you in depth information:
- On the night of your surgery and over the next few nights, rest with your head raised.
- The day after the surgery, remove the headgear, wash, and shampoo your scalp three times.
- After the surgery, stay away from alcohol for three days.
- After a week, take baths twice a day and shampoo softly.
- Because the grafts are lasting, you can wash and care for your hair normally after ten days.
- After the surgery, you must stop smoking for two weeks.
- When in direct sunlight, use a cap, and after two weeks, apply sunscreen including an SPF of 30 or higher.
- 3 weeks following treatment, you can get a haircut.
- After a month, you can color your hair.
- For a few weeks, avoid heavy activity.
How Much Does FUT Hair Transplant Cost?
FUT hair transplant is a wide ranged surgery in terms of costs and prices. There are several clinics around the world and each of them has their own charts for pricing.
Here are some of these countries and their prices for a FUT hair transplant surgery;
USA: Depending on your needs, the cost of a FUT hair transplant in the United States ranges from $4000 to $10600. If additional operations are required, you may be charged a price.
Spain: The average cost of a FUT hair transplant operation in Spain is $8550, though this varies depending on the doctor’s experience, clinic, and so on.
The Netherlands: Expect to pay around $3400 for 800 grafts if you choose the Netherlands for your FUT hair transplant.
France: The transplantation operation will cost you $7540 in France.
UK: On average, clinics in the United Kingdom charge £10000 for this procedure.
Germany: In Germany, you should have at least $6500 in your account
How much fut hair transplant cost in Turkey ?
From a cost point of view, you can’t hesitate to take the first step to undergo a FUT hair transplant in Turkey, without a question in 2020
Turkey offers the best technology and prices, the cost far cheaper compared to the US, the UK, and other western countries in Europe.
However, the starting price in turkey for a FUT procedure from 1200$ up to 2000$ at utmost.
All inclusive FUT hair transplant package:
- Accommodation (3 nights stay in a 4-star hotel)
- VIP transfers (Private car. From the hospital to the hotel, then to the hospital, and back)
- Translator service if needed
- Painless Local Anesthesia
- MicroFUE maximum density pre-operation haircut
- PRP Treatment Medications
- Post-operative care essentials, such as shampoo, lotion, special hat, neck pillow, pain killers, aspirin, antibiotics, etc.
- PRP therapy to stimulate better hair growth.
Why is a FUT hair transplant in Turkey cheap?
Turkey is the most popular country in all kinds of hair transplantation and plastic surgery, and it is easier to receive a FUT hair transplant in Turkey, at a much cheaper cost.
- A) One of the big factors to a cheaper cost, Turkey supports the domestic manufacturing of any goods and products over importing, As a result, it eliminates shipping, logistics, and customs costs from the final pricing stage. This same concept contributes to low health care costs and surgery prices in Turkey.
- B) In the United States or the United Kingdom and Europe, average salaries play a major part in what can truly be called ‘low cost’ here in Turkey, and not only income, but the cost of living is higher.
And that can answer why a FUT hair transplant is cheaper in Turkey. It’s a matter of understanding how the world works. The low prices have everything to do with the economy and nothing to do with’ the quality’.
How to choose the best clinic for a FUT hair transplant?
If you are already coming to Turkey, you may also go to the best clinics to get your FUT hair transplants, a significant consideration for choosing the best clinic is that first, you have to look at their website online and read the customer review and, secondly, you have to know the expertise of your physician who conducts your procedure.
And we provide you some of the main factors, to help you choosing Istanbul Turkey’s best clinic for hair transplant:
- Dedications and Commitment
- Consistent Results
- affordable hair transplant
A high hair transplant cost does not guarantee you the best results, you must know hair transplantation restoration procedures and costs and know what applies to you.
And Do not go for fake advertisements-make research by yourself. Find the center with affordable hair transplant over the internet and then enquire personally.
Where do FUT hair transplants often performed in Turkey?
As Turkey is thriving with hair transplantation and many other cosmetic operations, clinics and centers spread throughout the country from the capital city of Ankara, Izmir, and the well-known beach city of Antalya, all of whom can take care of hair transplantation to other basic cosmetic operations. However, the popular Istanbul still serves a greater role and service and thrives on bringing more tourists to medical tourism.
And in other words, although other cities in Turkey provide Hair transplant in general, Istanbul should be your first choice.
Is FUT hair transplant painful?
The pain you feel during the first administration should be around a 1 on a scale of one to ten. The experts will strengthen the anesthesia as necessary during the day to keep the process as pleasant as possible. After hair transplantation surgery, the majority of patients have pain symptoms. This pain is more common during FUT hair transplantation, but it is only short term.
What is the success rate of FUT hair transplant?
FUT transplantation with efficacy rates of 95-98 percent can be performed by a qualified medical specialist. It’s typical for implanted follicles to drop out before regenerating everlasting follicles; this is a regular aspect of your hair’s lifespan and transplantation procedure, so, don’t be worried if you do not see the results quickly. Reaching at your desired look will take some time.
Is FUT hair transplant safe?
Yes, a FUT hair transplant is safe. Hair follicles are extracted from the rear or side of your head and used to patch bald patches in FUT surgery. The procedure is usually considered secure and, when performed by a skilled surgeon, can produce a natural appearance. However, there can be several side effects, but they will fade in a short time.
Does FUT hair transplant leave scars?
FUT hair transplants do create scarring, yes. Furthermore, the scars left behind by this sort of hair transplant are persistent. However, the essence of injuries is that they leave lasting markings on your body. Some scars heal with time, while others, like those from FUT hair transplant operation, might be hidden behind the hair on the scalp.
Dr.Yetkin Bayer is an Award-winning Hair Transplant Surgery Specialist, Completed his studies at T.U. Faculty of Medicine, Then Continuously served Medical Aesthetics Surgeries in the United States For Ten Years. Dr. Yetkin Bayer founded Dr. Bayer Clinics which Operates And Serves Plastic & Aesthetic and Hair Transplantation in Istanbul, Turkey