Hair loss affects up to 85 percent of men and 40 percent of women. Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and other hair transplants are minimally invasive surgeries to help cover bald spots caused by hair loss.
Hair transplants date back to at least 1939 in Japan. In the early days, the results usually looked unnatural and gave a plug-like appearance. It wasn’t until surgeons first started transplanting individual hair follicles (also known as follicular units) in 1995 that hair transplants started giving natural-looking results.
In FUT surgery, a surgeon cuts a strip of skin from the back or side of your head and extracts individual hair follicles. These follicles are then inserted into the balding parts of your scalp. The surgery works best at covering a receding hairline caused by male pattern baldness.
FUT hair transplant procedure
During FUT, a surgeon cuts a strip of skin from your scalp, usually from the back of your head. The exact size of the strip depends on the number of follicles needed to cover bald spots. The strip usually doesn’t exceed 1 to 1.5 centimeters (0.4 to 0.6 inches) wide. Once the individual follicles are removed from the strip, they’re re-inserted into your scalp.
Hair transplant surgeries take between 4 and 8 hours. FUT surgery is generally quicker than FUE surgery. Most people stay awake during the surgery with local anesthesia that numbs their scalp. Here are the steps to the FUT procedure
- The surgeon will re-draw your hairline, mark the area of hair extraction, and take photographs for your medical record. You may have the option of taking a sedative before surgery. Local anesthesia will be applied to your scalp to numb it.
- The hair at the donor site, where your hair is removed from, will be trimmed to about two millimeters.
- The surgeon will cut out the strip of skin with the hair follicles that will be used as a graft. You’ll stay awake during the surgery.
- A technician will remove individual hair follicles from the strip and prepare them for transplantation.
- The surgeon will close your scalp with sutures.
- The hair follicles will then be inserted into the balding parts of your scalp in a pattern that looks natural.
- An antibiotic and bandages will be applied to your scalp.
Difference between FUT & FUE
FUT and FUE both involve transplanting individual hair follicles. During FUT surgery, a surgeon cuts a strip of skin from the back or side of your scalp and then extracts the hair follicles. In FUE surgery, your surgeon will remove individual hair follicles directly from your scalp, rather than first taking a strip of scalp skin.
FUE is currently the most common surgery. Some of the advantages of FUE include:
- quicker healing time
- less pain after surgery
- doesn’t cause a significant scar
- hair from other body parts can be used
- can be used even if you have poor hair density
Cost of FUT Hair Transplant in Turkey
From a cost point of view, you can’t hesitate to take the first step to undergo a FUT hair transplant in Turkey, without a question in 2020
Turkey offers the best technology and prices, the cost far cheaper compared to the US, the UK, and other western countries in Europe.
However, the starting price in turkey for a FUT procedure from 1200$ up to 2000$ at utmost.
Why is a FUT hair transplant in Turkey cheap?
Turkey is the most popular country in all kinds of hair transplantation and plastic surgery, and it is easier to receive a FUT hair transplant in Turkey, at a much cheaper cost.
- A) One of the big factors to a cheaper cost, Turkey supports the domestic manufacturing of any goods and products over importing, As a result, it eliminates shipping, logistics, and customs costs from the final pricing stage. This same concept contributes to low health care costs and surgery prices in Turkey.
- B) In the United States or the United Kingdom and Europe, average salaries play a major part in what can truly be called ‘low cost’ here in Turkey, and not only income, but the cost of living is higher.
And that can answer why a FUT hair transplant is cheaper in Turkey. It’s a matter of understanding how the world works. The low prices have everything to do with the economy and nothing to do with’ the quality’.
How to choose the best clinic for a FUT hair transplant?
If you are already coming to Turkey, you may also go to the best clinics to get your FUT hair transplants, a significant consideration for choosing the best clinic is that first, you have to look at their website online and read the customer review and, secondly, you have to know the expertise of your physician who conducts your procedure.
And we provide you some of the main factors, to help you choosing Istanbul Turkey’s best clinic for hair transplant:
- Dedications and Commitment
- Consistent Results
- affordable hair transplant
A high hair transplant cost does not guarantee you the best results, you must know hair transplantation restoration procedures and costs and know what applies to you.
And Do not go for fake advertisements-make research by yourself. Find the center with affordable hair transplant over the internet and then enquire personally.
Where do FUT hair transplants often performed in Turkey?
As Turkey is thriving with hair transplantation and many other cosmetic operations, clinics and centers spread throughout the country from the capital city of Ankara, Izmir, and the well-known beach city of Antalya, all of whom can take care of hair transplantation to other basic cosmetic operations. However, the popular Istanbul still serves a greater role and service and thrives on bringing more tourists to medical tourism.
And in other words, although other cities in Turkey provide Hair transplant in general, Istanbul should be your first choice.