To start this article, there is a small clarification we need to mention, and after it, you can proceed reading the information or details that we hope will be helpful for you.
In Turkey there are two types of hair transplant clinics: The first type is established clinics that have been practicing hair transplants for at least a couple of decades with reputable staff and high patient satisfaction rates.
The second category is clinics that have multiplied exceedingly all over Turkey in the last two to three years, yet they claim they have been in business for years. These centers have one direction and one goal and it’s commercial.
Now that’s out of the way, The So-called medical tourism in Turkey is almost old news by now, Turkey has made its stamp with cosmetic surgeries and with hair transplant after the very successful 2019. it becomes a very clear estimation for those who suffer hair loss, male-pattern baldness and females hair loss.
Please don’t take the cost difference as an idea of what puts hair transplant in turkey further or making it the ‘’ideal destination’’ for people who suffer hair loss, there is more to it.
And we will do our best to provide you the needed information or to make it more understandable.
Why are hair transplants so cheap in Turkey?
As some might think Turkey thrived recently in the aesthetic department due to the prices they offer, but the reality is, there are reasons for having an acceptable cost.
One of the big factors Turkey supports the domestic manufacturing of any goods and products over importing, As a result, it eliminates shipping, logistics, and customs costs from the final pricing stage.
This concept contributes to low health care costs and price of hair transplant in Turkey.
But the simple understanding of this matter really goes back to economic differences.
In the US or UK and Europe, average wages play a big part in what really can be considered ‘low cost’ here in Turkey and not just the wages but the cost of living is higher.
besides the US, UK, and other European countries, earns their money in dollars, euro, and pounds. That’s another side to what can be considered ‘cheap or low’. when you compare $2500, to the average Turkish wage 2500TL which is about $500.
And that can answer why hair transplants are cheaper in Turkey. It’s a matter of understanding how the world works. The low prices have everything to do with the economy and nothing to do with’ the quality’.
Despite other clinics using this matter and taking advantage of the low cost of equipment, labor, and using it as a gate to bring numbers of surgeries, As we mentioned above, their goal is only commercial.
Why Turkey is best for hair transplant?
The Big fact is, there are many key factors behind Istanbul’s success in the industry of hair transplant :
- Excellent medical care:
Turkey is highly renowned for the first-class medical services it provides. cutting-edge expertise of surgeons, medical equipment and state of the art technology. And Not to forget the aspect of competency, Turkey medical centers and clinics always compete against each other to provide the top medical services possible.
- The strategic location and rich history:
The unique location of Istanbul as the bridge between two vital continents (Europe and Asia) has made it easier for medical tourists coming from the west and east. And the very rich culture and history of Istanbul that comes plain in its beautiful views and amazing monuments is another attraction factor for hair transplant visitors.
- Advanced Hair Transplant Techniques:
In the past, the only technique available for hair transplant was FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant). Today, however, surgeons can perform hair transplants through more advanced techniques that guarantee permanent solutions. With FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), DHI (direct hair implantation) these modern techniques applied by most hair transplant clinics in Istanbul have gained global acceptance as it yields natural results with short recovery time.
How Much Does a Hair Transplant Cost in Turkey ?
We will provide you a brief detailed cost of hair transplant in turkey
Based on what we know and as an active hair transplant performing clinic’s perspective
And here is an idea of what shapes the factors for hair transplant cost in turkey:
- The presence of an expert doctor
- Hair Transplant method or techniques used
- Hospital facility or private facility
- Qualifications of the medical team
- The extra services provided (accommodation, transfer, interpretation)
And another factor that is seemingly not very true, or at least from our clinic perspective and how we do hair transplant procedures in our clinic (Dr.yetkin Bayer clinic) Istanbul turkey.
‘’The cost of hair transplant in turkey doesn’t depend on how much hair follicle will be planted nor its a factor of hair transplant cost in turkey.’’
- The average cost of FUE hair transplant in Istanbul is $2000
- The average hair transplant with Direct Hair Implantation (DHI or Choi Pen) ranges from $2500 to $4000
- The average of one session of plasma injections (PRP) is between $150 to $370 and the total cost is determined by the number of sessions the patient needs to undergo to reach the result.
compared to the United States, UK, and several other European countries, you can expect to pay up to $15,000=$25000 for a single treatment. that’s 90% save up for what turkey is offering.
And if you put the cost aside and compare ‘what actually matter’,
which the outcome of hair transplantation, The quality in Turkey is perfect.
Hair transplant cost per graft in Turkey
|# of Graft||Average Price|
|3000 graft||2250 $|
|4000 graft||2500 $|
|5000 graft||3000 $|
|6000 graft||3000 $|
Hair Transplant Price List in İstanbul
|Type of operation||price in US dollars|
|Body Hair Transplant||1800 dollars||3000 dollars|
|Beard Transplantation||1800 dollars||3000 dollars|
|Hair transplant for men||1500 dollars||3000 dollars|
|Hair transplant for women||1800 dollars||3000 dollars|
|Cultivation using Choi pens and OSL fusion||2000 dollars||3500 dollars|
|Cultivation using only Choi pens||1800 dollars||3200 dollars|
|VIP Hair Transplant ( With Dr. Yetkin Bayer )||2500 dollars||4000 dollars|
How much does a hair transplant package cost in Turkey?
The average cost for the all inclusive hair transplant package is $ 3,000 , the minimum is $ 2,000 and the maximum is $ 4,000. And all inclusive hair transplant price includes;
- Accommodation (3 nights stay in a 4-star hotel)
- VIP transfers (Private car. From the hospital to the hotel, then to the hospital, and back)
- Translator service if needed
- Painless Local Anesthesia
- MicroFUE maximum density pre-operation haircut
- PRP Treatment Medications
- Post-operative care essentials, such as shampoo, lotion, special hat, neck pillow, pain killers, aspirin, antibiotics, etc.
- PRP therapy to stimulate better hair growth.
- Aftercare services for up to a year to make sure everything is going well
Hair Transplant Price Comparison ( Turkey vs USA,UK,CANADA, Ireland )
|Type of operation||Average Price for 3500 Graft|
|Body Hair Transplant||2400 $||13000 $||11000 $||14000 $||11000 $|
|Beard Transplantation||2400 $||13000 $||11000 $||14000 $||11000 $|
|Hair transplant for men||2250 $||12000 $||10000 $||13000 $||10000 $|
|Hair transplant for women||2400 $||13000 $||11000 $||14000 $||11000 $|
|Cultivation using Choi pens and OSL fusion||2750 $||14000 $||12000 $||15000 $||12000 $|
|Cultivation using only Choi pens||2500 $||13000 $||11000 $||14000 $||11000 $|
How do hair transplant factors affect cost?
Hair transplantation is influenced by a few main factors, some others might add or affect the cost difference, but the very main factors which we will provide below, might not only affect the hair transplant cost but determine its qualities.
And to ensure you will provide the right information with the right cost in your research
the following factors should determine that :
The presence of an expert doctor :
As a hair transplant center with over 23 years of experience, we think it is necessary to use the most advanced techniques but, as well as putting the tools in the right hand,
An expert doctor in the operating room is extremely important, and especially in the opening channel’s phase, which is the most complex and most important part of hair transplantation.
It influences the success of the intervention more than any other part and helps obtain
The best final result.
However, some clinic vests in technicians or nurses so that they can have a greater number of patients and lower the intervention expense. Meanwhile, if a doctor carried out a 6-8 hours intervention you can understand why it would add to the cost factor, it’s a matter of perfecting an aesthetic look, and a doctor is invested in it.
And the only way to understand if it’s a doctor or a simple technician is to be in contact with the clinic and ask to view the doctor’s background education. hair transplant is carried out for aesthetic reasons and concerns a patient’s health, you must rely on a doctor.
This is a main factor, the patient needs to ensure while doing their research.
Hair transplant methods or techniques used :
Hair transplantation is performed with 4 different techniques: FUE, FUT and
DHI (Hair transplantations without shaving) and OSL (OBLIQUE SIMI-LATERAL )
- The FUT is most inexpensive and in disused technique. the FUT technique abandoned for far more improved techniques and because of its countless disadvantages and risks. Such as not just scaring the donor area, but approximately destroying it. by taking off a 20cm long scalp from the donor area and with less hair follicle usable to implanted.
- The FUE technique has a higher price than FUT because it requires a long procedure but certainly more advanced and safer interventions and With almost minimal side effects, considering there is less amount of blood caused by the intervention, with no scarring in the donor area. FUE technique is more simple and improved for a faster healing duration with less pain . while where traditional techniques would take months to heal. The time invested in one producer and the equipment used can add a little cost difference.
- The DHI technique, on the other hand, is the most expensive of the three because directly transplanting longer hair from the donor area to the recipient area requires more personnel thus increasing the cost of the procedure.
- The OSL technique is the most evolved technique, developed by dr.yetkin Bayer after 23 years of hair transplant experience. What OSL techniques offer is a different way of opening channels in an oblique lateral way so the hair implanted can obtain its natural hair growth. And often used or combined with DHI, two of the most advanced techniques with the best benefits (without shaving and more natural hair growth) known as ODHI.
In the end, all the modern techniques can bring good quality results, and sometimes some hair loss or a current bald pattern might require using FUE, due to Donor area capabilities or the opposites case which the patient can undergo different techniques, and it may cost a little more but certainly, suit the patient’s case, and it goes back the doctor factor, to decide not just the aesthetic part but also to guarantee the success of the operation.
We all know advance in this day age can bring out two sides to previous uses, simplicity and possibly a higher cost. It’s a matter of knowing if the little cost difference is worth the investment.
Hospital facility or private facility:
It’s not very often considered the main factor, although it affects the cost of the hair transplant cost difference. meaning, a clinic inserted inside a hospital will have to obtain a higher medical standard, and face larger expenses in order to be part of the hospital complex and advantages that a hospital offers
Meanwhile, a medical clinic that operates privately might not have to be considered to have low medical standards, but it will be able to maintain a lower expense.
And it’s always advisable to choose a clinic that operates in a hospital.
Qualifications of the medical team :
Hair transplantation may not be a very complex procedure, but it sure takes time, an operation can go on from 5-8 hours, including different interventions. And usually a qualified clinic or hair transplant center provides a trained medical team to serve these various interventions. meaning, just as the washing and shaving process takes a place in a separate room, the other parts of producers need their own qualified technicians or nurses, trained to conduct hair transplant’s various interventions such as; local anesthesia injection, operation rooms Sterilization and assistant the doctor in the hair transplantation . and a Qualified medical team can be the right hand needed. Qualification can be measured by a few factors:
- Medical background
- How many hair transplants they have performed
- How the previous patients rated the team
And To sum this up. Why or how can this affect the cost too, as simple as how these factors can make a qualified team, it also means the experience they have to be provided for a quality hair transplant, it can be an extra cost and usually, the team is handpicked by the hair transplant doctor.
Additional services :
Most hair transplant clinics in Turkey provide additional services, which include transfer fees to and from the airport, In addition to staying in the hotel 3-4 days and in addition to cover the cost of the surgeries stages. And a few sides factors can define the difference in the cost :
- Type of transportation
- Type of hotel provided
- Free consultation before and after hair transplant
- Free medical bag (includes post hair transplant care products)
- Post hair transplant services
What Dr.yetkin Bayer clinic offers: transfer to and from the airport, a 5-star hotel stay for 3-4 days (in various locations ), the hair transplantation cost includes: two PRP PLASMA injection can be used to the Patient’s wishes, a free medical bag (post hair transplant shampoo, two different oil moisturizer ) with all the transplantation stages . and a full year follow up, post hair transplant with a professional medical consulting
For whom wishes to undergo hair transplant our consultation is zero charger
So please feel free to visit our clinic, and we available for online consultations also(contact us )
How do you determine which hair transplant clinic in Turkey is the best?
Hair transplantation in Turkey is carried out in numerous clinics, especially located in Istanbul. They offer high-quality standards, innovation at very affordable prices. In addition, the Turkish government takes the medical standards in these clinics very seriously . but besides all that, there are few factors can help determines the best hair transplant clinic on your top list :
- The medical center has obtained a license to practice hair transplants from the official authorities, such as the International Society for Hair Transplant Surgery (ISHRS)
- years of experience and the number of successful operations performed at the medical center.
- Have the latest scientific developments and developments in the field of hair transplantation.
- The doctor supervises himself on all stages of the hair transplant process.
- reviews of previous clients who had previous experiences with the medical center
Turkey is a top choice for hair transplantation in 2021, and we hope this information provided a little light to your research.
Please consider our free consultation, not as a commercial, but as a little help to get you closer to restoring your hair.