Gynecomastia surgery in Turkey is one of the most popular surgeries among men. Some men have gynecomastia because of health problems, and some men’s breast muscles become saggy over time because they dropped out doing sport. Thus, they prefer to have gynecomastia surgery to solve their problem permanently.
Most men prefer Turkey for gynecomastia surgery because it is very easy to get the best gynecomastia surgery results with affordable prices.The average cost of gynecomastia surgery in Turkey is 2800 USD (2680€) which is a cheap option compared to abroad.
Here you can find out and discover getting gynecomastia surgery in Istanbul, Turkey, gynecomastia costs, our clinic’s patients reviews, before & after photos from the best doctors in Turkey plus all-inclusive packages for gynecomastia surgery with liposuction, mastectomy, bilateral gynecomastia, and unilateral gynecomastia surgery.
Our all inclusive gynecomastia surgery package includes transportation, 5 star hotel, translators, post-op follow up, all medications, preoperative tests.
|Language||Turkish (Dr. Bayer Clinics have native European speakers)|
|Visa||is not required for a trip of at least 30 days per visit|
|Time difference with Europe||3 hours|
|Time difference with the USA||8 hours|
|Medical Tourism Centers||Istanbul, Izmır, Antalya|
|Popular Regions||Alanya, Kemer, Marmaris, Fethiye, Bodrum|
|Best period for the trip||February-September|
|Currency||Turkish Lira (EURO, USD, POUND are also accepted.)|
What is Gynecomastia Surgery?
As mentioned above, gynecomastia is a condition of breast development that occurs in men. Male breast enlargement may occur in the fatty tissue of the breast and the breast tissue itself. There are different stages of gynecomastia, which can cause psychological harm to men in the later stage. Because breasts are obvious from the clothes, wearing thin clothes in summer can cause social isolation and depression.
Social discourse makes men feel psychologically bad about breast size. With the increase of male breast tissue, breast enlargement is called gynecomastia. Gynecomastia may occur in early childhood, adolescence, or old age (60 years or older), and this may be a normal change.
Although men do not have health problems, gynecomastia can cause feelings of lack of self-confidence and embarrassment. It is not a spontaneous disease and can be treated with surgery. Gynecomastia refers to male breast enlargement due to hormones. In gynecomastia, fat and glandular tissue increase. In pseudo-human papulosis, lipoma, Lipomatous gynecomastia or lipoma, the cause of breast growth is only the increase of adipose tissue. Therefore, it occurs in overweight men.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Gynecomastia Surgery?
There are various requirements for a man to be a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery. Below are the good candidates for this cosmetic procedure:
- Men who are unable to manage their gynecomastia with other medical therapies
- Healthy individuals who do not have a serious disease or chronic disorders that can hinder recovery
- Nonsmokers and those who do not use drugs
- Males who have a clear mind and clear set of objectives for addressing the physical effects of gynecomastia
- Males who are physically active and of a good BMI
- Those who have reasonable expectations and consistent breast growth.
Types of Gynecomastia Surgery
This procedure eliminates breast fat but not the gland tissue. A small incision on each side of the chest is used to treat gynecomastia, which is usually done under local anesthetic with sedation or total anesthesia. Liposuction for gynecomastia has a rapid recovery time. To reduce swelling and support the treatment site, one may need to use a compression garment for a few weeks.
The breast gland tissue is removed during this procedure. Small incisions are frequently used during surgery. This sort of surgery is less intrusive and requires less recuperation time. It entails removing all of the breast tissue as well as the nipple from the afflicted breast, as well as the glands in your armpit and maybe some of the muscle beneath your breast.
- Bilateral Gynecomastia Surgery
Gynecomastia is an enlargement of the mammary gland tissue in boys or men. Although it is not a serious problem, it can be difficult for boys and men to deal with this condition. In addition, it can affect one or both breasts, sometimes unevenly. In this case, bilateral gynecomastia, a surgical procedure to remove the increased amount of fat in the breasts of boys or men caused by an imbalance of the hormones estrogen and testosterone, is used.
- Unilateral Gynecomastia Surgery
The main purpose of the procedure is to give male patients a flatter and firmer chest appearance to make them appear more masculine. To achieve this goal, unilateral gynecomastia surgery removes excess fat and tissue in the breasts and under the nipples of male patients, who are generally middle-aged.
Gynecomastia surgery procedure :
Gynecomastia surgery procedures include liposuction, an excision (surgical removal of tissue), or a combination of both approaches.
Your surgeon will ask you to stop taking any aspirin-containing products and blood thinner-containing medications two weeks before the procedure. If you are a smoker, you will be asked to stop smoking at least four weeks before the surgery since nicotine can impair and delay healing
In general, the surgery involves these steps:
- You’ll be put under general anesthesia for the procedure. In some circumstances, however, the surgeon may advise local anesthesia with sedation.
- If your gynecomastia procedure just involves the removal of fatty tissue, only tiny incisions for liposuction may be made. However, to remove glandular tissue, slightly bigger incisions will be made along the natural skin crease.
- Through the incisions, the surgeon will carefully remove excess fat and tissue. Gynecomastia surgery frequently includes liposuction as well as direct excision procedures.
- Liposuction will be used to remove excess fat from incisions made within the areola borders or beneath the breast by the surgeon. Liposuction will be used to contour the chest as well.
- After the procedure, the surgeon will use internal and exterior sutures to close the incisions. To collect extra fluid, they may implant temporary drain tubes beneath the skin in the incision locations.
To tighten the contours, you’ll need to wear a compression garment for a few weeks. After the treatment, the drain pipes and incisions will be removed in one to ten days.
Risks and Side Effects
The following are some of the risk associated with gynecomastia surgery:
- The risk of anesthesia
- Excessive bleeding
- A buildup of fluid
- Chronic discomfort
- Healing process is poor.
- Stitch materials or injectable agents can all cause reactions.
- Unacceptable scarring
- Lesions in the blood
- Discrepancy of the breasts
- Abnormalities in the form and outline of the breasts
- Short- or long-term alterations in nipple or chest feeling are possible.
- Internal organs, such as neurons, blood arteries, tendons, and the lungs, can be damaged, and this damage might be short or persistent.
- Cardiovascular and bronchial problems, as well as blood clots
- Breast tissue that is oily may deteriorate
Gynecomastia Surgery – Recovery Timeline
Because of the size of the affected area, the amount of surgical work done on the patient’s body, and what causes their breast tissue to grow more, each patient’s recovery process and timeline will vary for a variety of reasons, including the size of the affected area, the amount of surgical work will be done on the patient’s body, and what causes their breast tissue to grow more.
Recovery Timeline :
A few days after the surgery the patient might feel stiffness or pain in their chest. Prescription pain medicine might be used to relieve discomfort if necessary.
Some individuals may feel nausea from the anesthesia used in the procedure. While patients may notice results immediately, the chest area may appear swollen. The use of a compression garment is recommended, which helps minimize swelling and discomfort while helping the area heal. Most surgeons recommend total rest during this period, avoid taking a shower for the first 24 hours, and the patients have to sleep on their back for the first 2-3 days to avoid damaging the incision.
Many individuals see a reduction in pain and swelling after one week. Most of the patients are able to go back to work and engage in light physical activity. Strenuous exercises involving the pectoralis muscles (pecs), on the other hand, should be avoided until the patient has received clearance from the doctor. If you had stitches placed during your operation, you may need to see your surgeon get them removed. If a drain was used during your operation, it may be removed. Wearing compression clothes throughout the day is still recommended.
After two weeks most men start to feel normal but hard exercising should still be avoided and at the end of the second week, you can start sleeping on your sides.
After 3-4 weeks most patients are cleared to go back to their normal exercises, you wouldn’t need to wear your compression garment anymore, the swelling and bruising would be gone.
After 6 weeks usually, this is the end of the recovery process the Most patients can undertake all forms of exercise including strenuous movements involving the chest. Patients can also sleep in any position.
What to expect after the surgery:
Patients can expect a difficult first few days after the operation, such as pain and discomfort such as numbness or feeling tightness in your chest. This can be dealt with by taking the painkillers prescribed by your doctor.
As for the result of the surgery, you will start noticing it by the 4th to 6th week after the operation you can already remove your compression garment, the scarring will start to disappear. You would also need to follow the following instructions for a faster healing time:
- Always follow any post-procedure instructions provided by your surgeon.
- Wear any compression garments your surgeon provides. This is very important for proper healing the area and creating the best final result!
- Attend all post-op appointments required by your surgeon.
- Ice (cold compress) can be applied to the chest to minimize pain and swelling. However, patients should not apply the cold pack directly to the skin.
- Get lots of rest and sleep, especially over the first week following surgery
- Avoid alcohol and all types of smoking for at least two weeks before and after surgery.
- Eat a light and healthy diet.
Gynecomastia Surgery Aftercare
You should be in control of your healing process after gynecomastia by taking care of yourself. If the instructions are strictly followed, unneeded pain, as well as difficulties with infection and other badness, can be avoided.
So, here are some things you can do at home to take care of yourself as best you can:
- Take it easy for a few weeks following your surgery to allow your body to mend.
- The anesthesia, pain pills, and anti-inflammatory drugs used can make you feel tired, so don’t be shocked if you need to take afternoon naps or go to bed earlier than normal for a few weeks.
- A nutritious, well-balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and proteins will help you recuperate from gynecomastia surgery.
- You will most likely be given some type of compression dressing to wear as much as possible during the first two weeks following your treatment. This compression aids in the control of edema, the support of the surgical site, and the reduction of stress on the incisions.
Why Get Gynecomastia Surgery in Turkey?
Gynecomastia is a condition in which male breast tissue and fat increase. This condition usually occurs at the age of experiencing hormonal changes. In most cases, adolescent gynecomastia will improve spontaneously. In adolescent boys, the growth of breast tissue is usually associated with excessive weight gain. This situation may happen again to older men. In addition, drug use and various systemic diseases can cause this condition.
- Through a good physical examination and medical history, gynecomastia plays an important role in the diagnosis. Except for gynecomastia, adults who have normal physical examination results and have long-term gynecomastia do not need further examination.
- Patients with gynecomastia that last more than a year can undergo surgery.
- Similarly, if gynecomastia persists for more than 1 year after the underlying cause has improved, the same situation applies.
- Dr. Bayer Clinics works with the best doctor and top clinic for each plastic surgery operation for you to have best result and experience in Turkey.
- Dr. Bayer Clinics works with the best doctor and top clinics for each plastic surgery operation for you to have best result and experience in Turkey.
Is it safe to have a gynecomastia surgery in Turkey?
Having gynecomastia surgery in turkey is safe. Health sector, experienced doctors, and high-quality service at affordable costs make this country a perfect place for gynecomastia surgery. Thanks to the country’s highly educated surgeons and cutting-edge technology, patients report that they are highly pleased with the secure process and the final look.
Is Turkey a good place to get a gynecomastia surgery?
Turkey is a very good place to get gynecomastia surgery since it’s only a few hours’ flight away from most European nations and the Middle East. Therefore, most of the patients can easily come to Turkey as if they are travelling in their own countries. Also, it is reported that many people travel to Turkey each year for medical reasons and complete their procedures satisfactorily.
Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery in Turkey vs UK
United States of America
|$ 2800||£ 4500||$ 6123|
How Much is Gynecomastia Surgery in Istanbul, Turkey?
The average cost of gynecomastia surgery in İstanbul, Turkey is 2800 USD, the minimum cost is 1200 USD and the maximum cost is 4500 USD. Prices may differ for different cities such as Istanbul, Antalya and Izmir.
The cost of gynecomastia surgery for men in Turkey is different depending on a number of factors and also from one clinic to another and according to the doctor’s experience. And when you compare these prices with clinics in other countries that offer gynecomastia surgery, you can notice the difference and what Turkey offers with its international expertise and medical service, as well as surgery packages that include a variety of other services in addition to the procedure: airport and hotel transfers, translation, and more.
Gynecomastia in Istanbul, Antalya or Izmir
Gynecomastia is the enlargement of male breasts similar to female breasts. Gynecomastia in Istanbul manifests as a fatty or hard mass that spreads from the lower nipple outward. The tissue in question is not fat tissue. It is glandular tissue, or mammary gland enlargement for a variety of reasons.
In some cases, no growth occurs in both breasts at the same time. While approximately half of the patients have both breasts enlarged, only one breast may enlarge in different situations. This issue may be more prevalent in men who have completed puberty or in older men. This condition should not be attributed solely to weight gain because it can be caused by a variety of factors. We have developed a solution to your Gynecomastia in Antalya and are currently implementing it.
It is recommended that male patients who complain of female-type breasts during adolescence be followed up on. Because male breast growth may stop when puberty ends. If there are genetic diseases or hormonal causes, these are treated first, followed by the surgical procedure. Gynecomastia in Izmir is a city that has the solution. Although not as good as Istanbul, successful transactions are made here as well.
All Inclusive Gynecomastia Surgery Package Prices in Turkey
Average all-inclusive package price for a gynecomastia surgery is 3300 USD or 2400 Pound in İstanbul, Turkey. You can contact us to get prices and learn what’s included in the all-inclusive package prices in our clinic.
Why is gynecomastia surgery cheap in Turkey?
Because Turkey’s overall wage expenses are lower than those in Europe, as well as the cost of living, taxes, and government assistance, plastic and aesthetic surgeries can be performed at a moderate cost in Turkey. As a result, professional services from skilled plastic surgeons who use cutting-edge technology are more affordable.
Gynecomastia Surgery Reviews in Turkey
Gynecomastia Surgery in Turkey Before and After Photos
You can visit our Instagram page or contact us via Whatsapp to see gynecomastia surgery before and after photos in Istanbul, Turkey.
Which is the best clinic for gynecomastia surgery in Turkey?
Dr. Bayer clinics are among the best cosmetic and body treatment clinics in Turkey, with a team of doctors and surgeons with more than 15 years of experience, and more than 7000 plastic surgeries for patients from Arab and European countries, with a rating of 4.8 stars. Bayer Clinic is excellent as it provides quality at an affordable cost.
Is the process of gynecomastia in men painful?
The patient feels some pain after the operation only, but the pain is relatively minor, and most patients are satisfied with taking pain relievers without a prescription, and patients may feel some loss of sensation in the area, but this is a normal feeling that usually goes away within a few months.
How long does gynecomastia surgery take in Turkey ?
The operation of gynecomastia usually takes from one to two hours to complete, and you need to stay one day in the hospital under care, the next day after the operation you can go out and return to the hotel without any problems, and you need to stay in Turkey at least one week to follow up.
How long should I wear compression garment after gynecomastia surgery?
After gynecomastia surgery, corset use is required for the first 4 weeks. After completing the 4-week process, it will be better for people who use the corset during the day for 3-4 weeks or so. Your doctor will give you the best advice on this.
Does Health Insurance Cover Gynecomastia Surgery?
If you are planning to have a gynecomastia surgery, you are probably wondering the costs and whether your health insurance covers the expenses partly or fully.
The majority of the time, gynecomastia repair is not covered by health insurance. Each insurance company, though, is unique. Examine your policies thoroughly to identify what is covered. As a result, you may be required to pay for the entire expense of your gynecomastia operation.
How long does gynecomastia surgery take in Turkey?
The length of gynecomastia surgery procedure is generally 1 to 3 hours. Recovery for this operation takes approximately 1-2 weeks, but fully recovering may take 4-6 weeks on average. You must stay in Turkey for at least four days after the operation to conduct initial examinations and evaluate the results.