Tummy tuck operation is a procedure that tightens lax muscles and removes fat and excess tissue from the stomach. Many doctors advise that tummy tuck must only be undertaken when dieting and exercising have resulted in the desired physical appearances beneath.
You should be aware that a tummy tuck will not prevent you from putting on weight in the long term. Furthermore, discuss the pros and cons of a tummy tuck with your physicians, as well as the expected outcomes.
In order for you to achieve the expected outcome, you will go through a post-tummy tuck recovery period.
What is the recovery time for a tummy tuck?
The time it takes to fully recuperate from a belly tuck is difficult to predict. Personal recuperation rate varies depending on multiple of variables such as youth, overall health, and so on. Your doctor will explain a rather more detailed recuperation timeframe with you following the surgery, although most people begin to feel healthier at about the eighth week.
Following a tummy tuck, many people suffer paralysis or a tugging feeling for months, but this is common and usually goes away eventually.
Tummy tuck recovery stages week by week
People are interested in the phases they will go through after a tummy tuck. Keep in mind that because each person is different, what happens during the recovery stages might vary. If you have any concerns, kindly call your health care expert. On average, the stages of this operation’s recuperation can be divided into weeks.
The first two days after your belly tuck treatment should be spent in bed. From day 3, physical movement is allowed but should be kept to a minimum. Raising and lifting, attempting to drive, exercising, cigarettes, and consuming alcoholic beverages should all be prevented. Once a week after surgery, the tapes on the wound area should be changed, and the region around the wound should be carefully sanitized. It’s important to keep in mind that soreness, bruises, and swelling are to be predicted.
While certain limitations are eliminated after the first week, you should still take it slowly and obey your doctor’s recommendations. You don’t want to reverse all of your and your doctor’s hard work now that you’ve gotten this far. People can also continue their normal diets after the second week, but it’s always a smart option to restrict salt and stay hydrated. The treated site will still have swelling. In week two of your recuperation, though, the discomfort, bruises, and stiffness start to disappear.
You’ll be roughly halfway through your primary tummy tuck recovery stages by weeks 3 and 4. After receiving consent from the doctor, patients commonly start activity in the third or fourth week following a tummy tuck. It’s critical to ease back into action.
Respect your health; if you’re fatigued, you should take a break. When you’ve fully recovered, you’ll be able to continue your regular workout routine. Use the compression garments and apply scar creams to your wounds.
Four weeks upon operation, people can normally begin moderate exercising. Nevertheless, more demanding exercises like sit-ups and lifting weights should be postponed for the first six weeks following the surgery. Through the third or fourth week after operation, many patients are back on their regular diet. To be in your desired weight level, though, you must eat nutritious, well-balanced meals. Additionally, your doctor may advise that you maintain a compression garment for one month post tummy tuck.
Tummy tuck recovery tips
Here are useful recovery tips for those who wish to have or have had a tummy tuck:
- It will be tough to do some really simple actions for oneself during the first week. You’ll need a grownup to assist you with just about everything, including food preparation, moving in and out of mattress, dressing, and washing. Allow whoever is with you to assist you as much as you require after the operation. Even if you’re used to taking care of most household stuff, now is the time to unwind and concentrate on your recuperation!
- Wear the compression garment at all times. It can be unpleasant sometimes, but it can help decrease swelling.
- Drink loads of water to keep hydrated, as this aids the body’s healing and it reduces swelling.
- A protein smoothie can be consumed 1-2 times per day. Protein aids in the transport of water from the epidermis to the circulatory system, where it can be expelled. It also aids in the recovery period as a whole!
- You can sometimes get up and go for a brief walk. Moving allows blood veins to be squeezed, which improves general flow.
- Before having your first bath, you should wait at least three days. When you’re prepared to bathe, you might find that it’s not as simple as you expected! Preoperatively, put your toiletry and bathing products in convenient spots. If you start to get light-headed, keep a cold beverage with minerals available to take.
- Return as quickly as possible to your corset to minimize the swelling.
How painful is the tummy tuck surgery recovery process?
When you are considering a tummy tuck, be aware that recuperation will take one to two months, and you probably have pain during this period.
After a tummy tuck, suffering is usually low to medium. Pain or perceptual problems can sometimes last months or perhaps even years following surgery.
How to speed up healing after a tummy tuck?
If you want to speed up healing after a tummy tuck, you can stack the cushions, have comforters and drink available, and don’t be hesitant to take the support of a caregiver for the first two days after surgery. Additionally, provide a healthy diet for your damage recovery mechanism to operate with.