Hymenoplasty is a surgical operation aimed at repairing the hymen damaged as a result of sexual intercourse or a physical blow to the vaginal area. It is also known by the names Hymenoplasty, hymen repair or virginity repair. “Hymen”, commonly known as hymen, are found in an area near the entrance to the vagina. It is very flexible, thin and has a membrane-like structure. The hymen, usually ruptured during the first sexual union, causes a slight bleeding. It has therefore been associated with virginity by society.
For Hymenoplasty in Turkey, a thin tissue is created by removing parts of the walls of the vagina, which can bleed. Although the original hymen cannot be obtained thanks to this tissue, a structure is obtained that can bleed inside during intercourse.
The average cost of Hymenoplasty in Turkey is 1.150 USD (1100€) which is the best price compared to the other countries. Here you can find out and discover getting a Hymenoplasty in Istanbul, Turkey, hymenoplasty costs, our clinic’s patients reviews, before & after photos from the best doctors in Turkey plus all-inclusive packages for a Hymenoplasty in Turkey.
|Language||Turkish (Dr. Yetkin Bayer Clinics have native European speakers)|
|Visa||is not required for a trip of at least 30 days per visit|
|Time difference with Europe||3 hours|
|Time difference with the USA||8 hours|
|Medical Tourism Centers||Istanbul, Izmir, Antalya|
|Popular Regions||Alanya, Kemer, Marmaris, Fethiye, Bodrum|
|Best period for the trip||February-September|
|Currency||Turkish Lira (EURO, USD, POUND are also accepted.)|
What is Hymenoplasty?
Hymenoplasty is most necessary after unwanted sexual intercourse or as a result of the deterioration of the maiden as a result of blows to the genital area. Regret and sadness that occur after unwanted or undesirable sexual relations are the most common reason for patients to contact Gynecologists. Even for this reason, many consultants who receive therapy due to the depression they experience are referred by their therapists to gynecologists for the purpose of Hymenoplasty.
The hymen, consisting of capillaries located 1-2 cm inside the entrance to the vagina, is also known as the virginity membrane, and is defined as a symbol of honor and virginity in many societies. The hymen, which does not have a functional task, is not an organ. The hymen, which is formed in the womb between 7-12 weeks, prevents infection by preventing the entry of microbes into the vagina during childhood decongest. After childhood, the hymen loses its function.
The hymen is a thin structure that covers the vaginal region. Other than sexual activity, the hymen may simply split amid vigorous exercise such as horse-riding or acrobatics, the placement of tampons, or even periodic health screenings. Because there is little to no internal bleeding and no suffering, many ladies may be unaware that their hymen has broken.
Hymenoplasty is a cosmetic procedure used to restore or rebuild a woman’s hymen. They may be pursuing this operation for a number of reasons, including mental, psychological, cultural, and social ones, yet, females really shouldn’t feel alone or embarrassed in their decision to get hymen reconstruction surgery for any cause. Before the operation day, you will almost certainly be urged to stop drinking, smoking, and using blood thinners like aspirin.
- Hymenoplasty is generally a minor clinical operation performed under local anesthetic with sedation or with general anesthetic in a health center.
- Any damaged skin across the hymen’s boundaries is trimmed away softly and cleanly, and the residual tissues are sewn back, leaving only a small hole.
- At the end, the hymenal circle is returned to its original physical characteristics.
Based on the scope of the repair, the operation could be ranging from one to two hours. Despite the fact that this is a professional operation that requires no hospitalization and allows women to start work the same day, vigorous activity and extra work should be prevented. There might be little blood during the first two days to three days, but this is quite common.
Types of Hymenoplasty
There are several reasons for surgical operations on the hymen. If the hymen prevents sexual intercourse and excessive painful menstruation, the hymen may need to be removed. Because bleeding is expected during the first sexual intercourse, hymen suture can be performed to repair a torn hymen. Hymenoplasty can be temporary and permanent.
Temporary and persistent Hymenoplasty finds out which one of the methods is best for you and obstetrics and gynecology outpatient clinic at our hospital to learn about hymen repair you can get information from. It is not possible to mention a single hymen structure and Types of Hymenoplasty. Below you can examine the types of hymen.
- Septal Hymen: an extension in the middle part of the hymen divides the hymen in half. For this reason, the first sexual intercourse becomes very difficult and the amount of bleeding is expected to be excessive. In some cases, couples cannot even have sex. In these cases, the hymen should be removed.
- Cribriform Hymen: in this type of hymen, which consists of an image with a fluffy hole in the middle part of the hymen, the hymen must be removed because couples cannot have sexual intercourse.
- Half-septal Hymen: septal Hymen becomes a membrane residue in the middle part of the hymen, as in the hymen. Because the membrane is not completely divided in the middle, it does not constitute an obstacle to sexual intercourse, but a piece of tissue is felt on the edge of the hymen.
- Crescentic Hymen: the middle of the hymen is thick with the lower edge of the half-moon shape, couples can usually have painful and difficult sexual intercourse. Hymen may need to be removed.
- Labial Hymen: in this type of hymen, the membrane is thick and edged, and the middle space appears to be almost closed. Couples can have very difficult sex. Bleeding is expected to be intense. In some cases, surgical intervention may be required.
- Annular Hymen: in this type of hymen, the membrane is elastic. During sexual intercourse, the membrane flexes easily. The vascular structure is very thin. It is expected that there is little or no bleeding during sexual intercourse.
- Fimbria Hymen: in this type of hymen, the part facing the middle of the membrane protrudes from the indentation. It rarely creates difficulty during sexual intercourse.
- Imperforate Hymen: this is a condition in which the hymen does not develop at all. In this case, the hymen has not formed and the entrance to the vagina is completely closed. When it’s time to menstruate, surgical intervention is required on the hymen.
Hymenoplasty is performed in 2 different ways. These are temporary hymen surgery and permanent hymen surgery.
Temporary hymen suture surgery: the hymen repaired by this method should be applied very shortly before marriage (between 1 and 7 days), as it will deform within a few days. Permanent Hymenoplasty (flap method): this operation is a longer-lasting operation than temporary hymen surgery. By removing tissue from the walls of the vagina, a tissue such as the hymen is created. Since the persistence of this method of operations is long-term, it can be done years before marriage.
During this process, your doctor will advise you about the control examination and dressing. During 1 week after the operation, sports should not be performed, heavy items should not be carried and should not be entered into the pool or sea. In this process, care should also be taken not to open the legs too much. At the end of the first week, the doctor informs the patient about the care and cleaning recommendations that should be applied after the examination.
Risks and Side Effects
Hymenoplasty is a very risk-free operation with little complications and risk. Any operation, however, entails the risk of complications and persistent bleeding, and also the risks of anesthesia. The following are some of the risk associated with this operation:
- Extreme loss of blood
- Discomfort during intimacy
- The pain that progressed exceeded minor irritation even after 3 days.
- Urine that is unusual or smells bad
- Swelling with a lot of itching.
Furthermore, the degree of bleeding experienced during the first sexual activity after operation might well be uncertain. If the patient exhibits any of the problems above, the surgeon should be seen.
Hymenoplasty (Hymen Reconstruction) Recovery Timeline
The majority of women who have hymenoplasty surgery just need a few days of rest. However, the surgery aftercare and recovery timeline are required if you are planning to have one soon.
Hymenoplasty includes a number of procedures that might change depending on the type of hymen the patient has or desires. And often procedures take between one and two hours, depending on the amount of repair required, and the technique used by your surgeon will affect your recovery timeline.
Though this is a clinical surgery that requires no hospitalizations and allows women to return to work the following day, excessive activity and heavy lifting should be avoided. There may be some minor bleeding over the first 48 to 72 hours, but this is completely normal.
The basic approach: the treatment is generally performed under local anesthesia, however, it can also be done under general anesthesia to keep the patient comfortable and pain-free.
The basic approach takes about thirty to forty minutes to complete. And you can return back to your work the next day.
The All-Plant technique: this will act as the hymen’s natural tissue structure. As a result, this approach requires more time than the simple technique and will take approximately two hours.
Your hymenoplasty recovery time won’t be affected as much by this technique. However, you would require more rest than the basic treatment
Hymen reconstruction: This procedure is a little bit more complicated than the previous ones. In hymen reconstruction, the surgeon creates a new hymen by taking tissue from the labia minora or labia majora. thus Patient’s recovery time would be longer and the things to avoid will also increase.
What to expect after Hymenoplasty Surgery:
- It will take you around six weeks to fully heal after your hymenoplasty surgery.
- There will be no convincing proof of surgery, and it will be hard to tell between a natural and a reconstructed hymen.
- After six weeks, the repair process will be complete, and you will be able to experience all of the sensations associated with virginal, first-time sex.
- You can’t smoke or drink alcohol for at least 4 weeks after the surgery.
- In order to prevent any kind of infection. Keep the area clean from any kind of dirt, and take all the prescribed medications
- Tampons should not be used; instead, use hygiene pads. Baths can be taken three days following surgery, and warm compresses and ice packs are recommended to reduce swelling and pain.
- Unless there are difficulties, such as infections, the recovery time after hymenoplasty surgery is approximately 6- 8 weeks.
In addition, you should be prepared for potential complications, which are uncommon. However, your doctor should be able to tell you how to manage if the patient develops any of the following symptoms:
- Pain beyond moderate discomfort after three days
- Unusual or foul-smelling discharge
- Intense itching
- Abnormal bleeding
Why Get Hymenoplasty in Turkey?
Hymenoplasty is performed in many countries in Europe. But Hymenoplasty in Turkey has more advantages.
- There are surgeons experienced in this field in Turkey.
- Turkey is one of the cheapest countries for hymenoplasty operations in Europe. If you consider having a hymenoplasty operation abroad, Turkey should be your first preference.
- Surgery is performed with 100% success and results are obtained.
- Patient care before and after the procedure is excellent.
- Dr. Yetkin Bayer Clinics works with the best doctors and top clinics for each plastic surgery operation for you to have the best result and experience in Turkey.
Cost of Hymen Repair in Turkey vs UK and USA
United States of America
|$ 1150||£ 2350||$ 2700|
How Much Does a Hymen Repair Surgery Cost in Istanbul, Turkey?
The average cost of hymenoplasty (hymen reconstruction) surgery in Istanbul, Turkey ranges from 1300 USD to 3000 USD. Prices may differ for different cities such as Istanbul, Antalya and Izmir.
All Inclusive Hymenoplasty Surgery Package Prices in Turkey
Average all-inclusive package price for a hymen repair surgery is 2650 USD or 1950 Pound in Istanbul, Turkey. You can contact us to get prices and learn what’s included in the all-inclusive package prices in our clinic.
Hymen Repair Reviews in Turkey
Does Health Insurance Cover Hymenoplasty (Hymen Reconstruction)?
You may plan to receive a hymenoplasty operation for several reasons, and the process about the operation is likely to confuse you. One of the most confusing parts of the process is the cost and the payment part, and it is normal to question whether your health insurance covers it.
Because this operation is deemed cosmetic, that is, done without the intention of health enhancement, it is frequently not covered by health insurance.
How long does hymenoplasty take in Turkey?
Liposuction surgery generally takes 20 minutes to 1 hour, and the healing process generally takes 4 to 6 weeks. You must stay in Turkey for at least three days after the operation to conduct initial examinations and evaluate the results.