Blepharoplasty surgery in Turkey is one of the most popular surgeries. It is also known as eyelid surgery, and it makes your eyes slanting and attractive like Bella Hadid. Also, an increase in getting eyelid surgery by famous people also created more demand for this operation.
Many people come to Istanbul, Turkey to get the best blepharoplasty results, and the average cost of eyelid surgery in Turkey is 2100 USD (2010€) which is a cheap option compared to abroad. You can compare prices in different countries below.
Here you can find out and discover getting blepharoplasty surgery in Istanbul, Turkey, eyelid surgery costs, our clinic’s patients reviews, before & after photos from the best doctors in Turkey plus all-inclusive packages for upper blepharoplasty, lower blepharoplasty in Turkey, and middle blepharoplasty surgeries in Turkey.
Our all inclusive blepharoplasty surgery package includes transportation, 5 star hotel, translators, post-op follow up, all medications, preoperative tests.
|Turkish (Dr. Yetkin Bayer Clinics have native European speakers)
|is not required for a trip of at least 30 days per visit
|Time difference with Europe
|Time difference with the USA
|Medical Tourism Centers
|Istanbul, Izmir, Antalya
|Alanya, Kemer, Marmaris, Fethiye, Bodrum
|Best period for the trip
|Turkish Lira (EURO, USD, POUND are also accepted.)
What is Eyelid Surgery?
Although the cause of drooping eyelids is unclear, possible causes include genetic transformation factors, severity, and aging. Due to severe drooping of the eyelids, you may lose your eyesight and may appear sleepy, sad or angry. Double eyelid surgery is divided into upper and lower eyelid surgery. After providing beauty to the eyelids, it will help you look younger. In addition, your image of sleepiness, anger, and sadness will disappear from your overall facial expressions. Eyelid plastic surgery called blepharoplasty interferes with excess skin, novelties, and fatty tissue of the eyelids.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
If you have additional drooping skin on your higher and/or lower lids that irritates you, you may want to undergo eyelid operation.
If you meet the following criteria, your surgeon may recommend eyelid surgery for you:
- You have fatty cells in your eyelid that create bloating.
- You have drooping or lax skin that produces wrinkles or alters the normal curve of the upper lid, obstructing eyesight in some cases.
- You have droopy lower lids, eye bags, or extra skin and tiny lines on the eyelids.
- Your overall health is excellent.
- You’re not a smoker.
- You set reasonable goals for development rather than excellence.
Types of Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid aesthetics in Turkey; it is performed by cosmetic and plastic surgery specialists in many cities including Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara and Antalya. Before the operation, the patient must inform the doctor and anesthesiologist who performed the cosmetic surgery of all the details of the medicine used and the general health condition. As with all operations, it is recommended to stop smoking and drinking at least one week before eyelid cosmetic surgery. This is very important to speed up the healing process. Types of Eyelid surgery are standard. It is implemented with a single method. The way it is applied all over the world is the same.
- Upper Blepharoplasty
Upper blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure in which excess skin and/or muscle of the upper eyelid is removed. Although they may have been performed concurrently in some cases, upper blepharoplasty, often known as an eyelid lift, differs from a brow lift, which lifts the brow.
- Lower Blepharoplasty
Lower-eyelid blepharoplasty can be performed by an incision just below the lower lash line. This surgical procedure can be used to remove excess skin and fat from the lower eyelids, as well as to smooth the junction between the lower eyelid and the face. Despite the fact that it helps you with aging, you should have reasonable expectations about the outcomes.
- Middle Blepharoplasty
Middle blepharoplasty, also called medial brow lift, focuses on the brows’ medial -inner- area. There are two fat compartments, medial and central, that can be accessible via small incisions in the septum, tugged out, and resected with a radiofrequency monopolar tip. Only the fat that easily enters the wound is removed from the medial and central fat.
Blepharoplasty surgery is performed on an outpatient basis. Which means you’ll be able to leave immediately following the surgery. And general anesthesia is only required in a few cases.
Your surgeon will need to do several tests on you before the procedure. A physical examination is performed to examine and measure your eyes and vision.
It’s important to tell your surgeon about any medications you’re taking.
These include blood-thinning medications such as aspirin, herbal supplements, or prescription drugs. You’ll also need to stop smoking several weeks before a blepharoplasty.
And Your eye lid surgery will involve these steps:
- The procedure begins with Usually, your surgeon will inject a numbing agent into your eyelids.
- The upper eyelids are addressed first. A small incision will be made by the surgeon, and excess skin, muscle, and, in some circumstances, fat will be removed.
- Some of these tissues may be relocated to other areas around the eye before the incision is closed.
- Lower lid blepharoplasty frequently includes the removal of fat, which causes under-eye bags, as well as a small piece of skin. The incision can be performed on either the inside or the outside of the eyelid. and, once again, depending on the patient’s needs, the excess fat can be relocated or removed.
- Finally, Eyelid incisions typically are closed with sutures or skin glue. Sutures are removed within one week.
The results of eyelid surgery will appear gradually as swelling and bruising subside to reveal a smooth, better-defined eyelid and the surrounding region, and a more alert and rejuvenated appearance.
And recovery from blepharoplasty is relatively short compared with other types of surgeries.
Risks and Side Effects
The foregoing complications are among the potential risk of eyelid surgery:
- Anesthesia reactions and blood clots are generally connected with operations
- Extreme blood loss and infections
- Eyes that are dry and inflamed
- Difficulties shutting your eyes or other issues with your eyelids
- Scarring that is visible
- Muscular damage to the eyes
- Darkening of the skin
- Vision blurring or, in extreme cases, vision loss
To discover all about how surgery complications may harm you, contact your surgeon. Knowing what eyelid entails and assessing the advantages and risk might give you a better idea if it’s right for you.
Best Eyelid Surgeons and Clinic in Istanbul, Turkey
Eyelid Surgery- Recovery Timeline
Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) is an outpatient operation with a short and straightforward recovery period for the majority of patients.
However, it is important to understand that the recovery process from blepharoplasty varies from patient to patient. Several factors can influence recovery, including the patient’s pain tolerance, overall health, the body’s natural recovery reaction, and the surgical technique used.
2-3 days after surgery, the anesthesia used during the procedure may cause nausea or grogginess in certain patients. If the patient has a history of this type of reaction, medicines can help to reduce nausea.
During this time, your eyes may feel tight, hot, or painful. Mild pain and discomfort are also possible, which can be controlled with prescription medicine. Many patients may develop minor vision problems such as blurred vision.
Depending on the procedure, you may need to wear gauze or protective bandages over your eyes. Some patients may also start to feel itchy at the incision sites. This is a normal part of the healing process that could last a few weeks. Patients should not rub or scratch their eyelids until they are completely healed.
Patients may have continued to experience bruising and swelling one week after surgery, but pain and discomfort should be mild. While eyesight improves, patients are nevertheless recommended to avoid activities that dry out the eyes, such as prolonged reading or watching television.
By the conclusion of this period, your surgeon should have removed your stitches or they should have completely dissolved.
Most patients can return to work and routine everyday activities like extended reading or TV watching 10 days after surgery. Strenuous activities, on the other hand, should be avoided. Although there is minimal vision blurring and pain, there may be some minor bruising and swelling.
Swelling and bruises around the eyes begin to decrease 2-3 weeks after surgery. The majority of patients can start wearing eye cosmetics and contact lenses. Patients can engage in more demanding activities and exercises (except for contact sports). Some patients may continue to feel tired and find that their eyes are quickly tired.
Patients begin to see the final results of their procedure 4-6 weeks after surgery, as most or all swelling and bruising have subsided. The majority of patients have healed completely and all limitations have been lifted.
What to expect after the surgery:
Following surgery, your doctor will most likely advise you to perform the following:
- The night after surgery, apply ice packs to your eyes for 10 minutes per hour. The next day, apply ice packs to your eyes four to five times during the day.
- Clean your eyelids gently and apply eye drops or ointments as prescribed.
- For a week, avoid straining, heavy lifting, and swimming.
- Smoking should be avoided.
- Rub your eyes as little as possible.
- If you wear contact lenses, wait two weeks following surgery before putting them in.
- Sunglasses with a dark tint will protect the skin on your eyelids from the sun and wind.
- For a few days, sleep with your head higher than your chest.
Blepharoplasty Surgery Aftercare
If you have any concerns about your eyelids, you may consider getting this surgery; but, there are a number of actions you must take after you leave the hospital to ensure the best possible results.
To care for yourself following surgery, follow these suggestions.
- Wear dark shades on your way home. You may be light sensitive.
- Wear contact lenses for at least two weeks after your procedure. You are permitted to wear spectacles.
- Do not drive until you have stopped taking pain relievers and your vision is clear. Check that you can drive a car safely and comfortably. This normally occurs between 5 and 10 days after surgery.
- For the next two weeks, or as instructed by your surgeon, rest and sleep with your head elevated on two to three pillows. This will aid in the prevention of edema at your surgery sites.
Why get Blepharoplasty in Turkey?
In this operation, in addition to excess skin on the eyelids, orbital fat tissue or part of the orbicularis oculi muscle will be removed if necessary. It is usually used to obtain a more beautiful appearance and is one of the most used plastic surgeries in the world. Eyelid beauty is usually performed by people over 35 years old. Because the signs of eyelid aging usually appear after this age. However, people of any age can use it. Surgery cannot prevent the continued aging of the eyelids. But its effect will last for 5 to 10 years. After the operation, the tired facial expression was replaced by a cheerful and calm appearance.
- The number of patients who come to Turkey for eyelid surgery is increasing every day. Many patients come from other countries as well as major European countries.
- The opportunity to meet Turkish beauties while undergoing dental treatment attracted the attention of patients.
- Providing very special benefits for foreign patients from Turkey can be considered as one of the main reasons for this situation. Chinese patients usually prefer applications such as implants, zirconia, tooth whitening, cosmetic fillings, laminated veneers and root canal treatments. However, the high cost of dental treatment abroad has led to Turkey’s preference for dental treatment.
- Hospitals approved by the Ministry of Health and built in accordance with various standards to improve the organization of health services and the quality of care are more popular.
- Dr. Yetkin Bayer Clinics works with the best doctors and top clinics for each plastic surgery operation for you to have the best result and experience in Turkey.
- Turkey is one of the cheapest countries for eyelid operations in Europe. If you consider having an eyelid operation abroad, Turkey should be your first preference.
Is it safe to have eyelid surgery in Turkey?
Having an eyelid surgery in Turkey is safe. The reason for this is because Turkey has a strong healthcare system with thoroughly trained medical professionals working in the nicest medical facilities in the world. Clinics in Turkey are highly hygienic and the operation tools are up-to-date, therefore, the risks are minimized.
Is Turkey a good place to get an eyelid surgery?
Turkey is a wonderful place to get an eyelid surgery. For many decades, Turkey has been among the top 10 destinations for patients considering eyelid surgery abroad owing to its qualified doctors, effective treatments, and low plastic and cosmetic surgery expenses. Also, it is very reasonable to choose Turkey since it is very close to Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
How Much is Blepharoplasty Surgery Cost in Istanbul, Turkey?
The average cost of blepharoplasty surgery in İstanbul, Turkey is 2100 USD, the minimum cost is 900 USD and the maximum cost is 4500 USD. Prices may differ for different cities such as Istanbul, Antalya and Izmir.
The cost of eyelid surgery in Turkey varies depending on a number of factors, and from one clinic to another. When you compare these prices with clinics and other countries that offer the operation, you can notice the difference, what Turkey offers with its international experience and medical service, as well as surgery packages that include a variety of other services in addition to the procedure: airport and hotel transfers, translation, and more.
Blepharoplasty in Istanbul, Antalya or Izmir
The eyes are the first feature of the face that everyone notices. The upper and lower eyelids are prone to the development of loose skin and puffiness due to a variety of factors such as heredity, environment, and age. Over the last decade, eyelid rejuvenation has undergone a series of evolutionary changes, with nonsurgical and surgical intervention techniques developing tremendously.
An examination of your eyes and cheeks, as well as a review of someone’s medical history and specific concerns, will be required to determine whether you are a candidate for any surgery. Healthy patients with no significant ophthalmologic problems are generally the best candidates for surgery.
Blepharoplasty in Antalya is one of the preferred places for this procedure. But there are two more cities in this regard. Blepharoplasty in Izmir is another place in Turkey. The same process is applied here as well. But of course, no city can pass blepharoplasty in Istanbul. Its location is the best city for its doctors and procedures. It is possible for you to undergo the surgery with very good results due to the fact that it includes the most experienced doctors. All you have to do is to change your route to Istanbul.
Cost of Eyelid Lift Surgery in Turkey vs UK and USA
United States of America
All Inclusive Eyelid Lift Surgery Package Prices in Turkey
Average all-inclusive package price for a blepharoplasty surgery is 2600 USD or 1900 Pound in İstanbul, Turkey. You can contact us to get prices and learn what’s included in the all-inclusive package prices in our clinic.
Why is eyelid surgery cheap in Turkey?
Because Turkey’s overall salary expenses, as well as the cost of living and taxes are cheaper than those in Europe, and the government provides financial support, plastic and aesthetic surgeries can be conducted at a reasonable cost in Turkey. As a result, qualified plastic surgeons who use cutting-edge technology may provide professional treatments at a lower cost.
Eyelid Surgery Reviews in Turkey
Eyelid Surgery in Turkey Before and After Photos
You can visit our Instagram page or contact us via WhatsApp to see eyelid surgery before and after photos in Istanbul, Turkey.
Which is the best clinic for eyelid surgery in Turkey?
Dr. Yetkin Bayer Clinics are among the best facial plastic clinics in Turkey, with a team of doctors and surgeons with more than 15 years of experience, providing more than 7000 operations to patients from Arab and European countries, with a rating of 4.8 stars. Dr. Yetkin Bayer Clinic is excellent as it provides world class service at reasonable costs.
Is eyelid surgery painful?
Blepharoplasty is one of the least painful cosmetic procedures, and regardless of the slight discomfort on the first day, the recovery period will be short and the results are visible quickly.
How long does eyelid lift surgery take in Turkey?
Blepharoplasty usually takes about 2 hours. If both upper and lower eyelids are done together and most patients recover after about 10-14 days after surgery, you may need to stay in Turkey for about 5 days.
How long does an eyelid lift last?
It can be said that an eyelid lift surgery result lasts approximately 7 years. On the other hand, it depends on the high quality results, post operative care and genetics. The face may start to sag and the eyelids may be affected from aging. If you follow the doctor’s advice about care after surgery and have a healthy life and skin care routine you may age well and last longer your eyelid lift results.
Does Health Insurance Cover Eyelid Surgery?
Eyelid operation, often known as “blepharoplasty,” is a technique that involves the removal of extra skin and internal tissues from the top, bottom, or even both lids. People who desire to have this surgery usually wonder if their insurance cover the process.
Loose skin on the lower eyelid surgery is normally not covered by insurance, while upper eyelid surgery is commonly reimbursed if a doctor decides that droopiness of the upper lid compromises eyesight.
How long does eyelid surgery take in Turkey?
Eyelid surgery generally takes 1 to 3 hours, and swelling and bruising last 1 to 3 weeks on average. Fully recovering from this operation may take 1 to 3 months. You must stay in Turkey for at least four days after the operation to conduct initial examinations and evaluate the results.