It is a known fact that hair loss decreases after middle age. For this reason, there are people who are waiting for the age of 40, as well as those who do not want to intervene in this situation without all their hair falling out and never have a completely balding image. The vast majority of those who have had hair transplantation are in the 25-45 age range. The highest number of hair transplant age range is in men aged 27 and 37. 40-45 years of age is followed by this group to have hair transplantation.
Hair restoration procedure is invasive and surgical. It involves removing strands of hair from a baldness – resistant area of the scalp – usually from the back. After collecting enough strands of hair from the donor area, the hair transplant specialist transplant them into bald spots. Hair follicles located on the back of the scalp are resistant to baldness. So when they are planted at any point of the scalp, the results will also be permanent. Hair transplantation can be done to anyone over the age of 18, but this age volume is not always ideal. According to experienced hair transplant specialists, the patient should be 23 years of age and older at the time of the procedure.
What Is the Ideal Age for Hair transplantation?
Hair loss can fall out very quickly when it begins sometimes even within a few months, complete baldness can occur, completely affecting all the hair. Hair transplantation can be performed regardless of the age of the person in such a situation. In short, a person with complete baldness at the age of 18 can be hair transplantation. Slowly, the hair, the hair is different than in the event of the scalp. Because, on average, male-type hair loss can continue until about the age of 40. Hair loss is a common cause of hair loss. These differences vary according to hair structure, person, environmental influences and mental health (stress). Hair transplantation The Shape of the spill, rather than the age for the process, is decisive. If the skin has become visible when viewed with the naked eye, it means that the hair density in this area has fallen below 50 percent of the normal density. In this case, the most effective treatment to be applied to the patient may be with hair transplant.
The lower limit for the age range of hair transplantation is 22, at this point the level of hair loss comes into play. Hair transplantation is one of the last options to consider while shedding continues. Therefore, it should be considered that hair loss may continue when transplanting in patients under these ages and the patient may need 2nd or 3rd sessions later.
Is it better to get a hair transplant early?
Baldness can begin as early as age 18, continue to affect males by the age of 35. Even though you’re having early hair fall, we wouldn’t recommend getting a hair transplantation when you’re under the age of 25. Your hairline is still growing between the ages of 18 and 29.
Whatever hair loss you may have experienced by the age of 35 has usually settled. This isn’t to say that you can’t get a hair transplant sooner. However, you should wait before any quick hair loss has subsided so that your hair specialist or hair transplant professional can have a clear understanding of the hair loss process.
When should you not get a hair transplant?
Hair transplantation is not recommended for people in their 20s with sparse hair. If you have a very important health problem or have had a recent surgery, hair transplantation is not done. It is essential to follow the doctor’s recommendations before the operation.
How to Plan the Right Age for Hair Transplantation?
Technically, hair transplant has no age limit. Hair transplant can be done even in childhood. But if hair transplant is considered because of an aesthetic problem that is not directly related to health, such as male-type hair loss called androgenic alopecia, it should be evaluated differently.
- If the person who will have a hair transplant is under the age of 18, they must have the permission of family members.
- What is the stage of hair loss in people over the age of 18 and the indications and contraindications that may occur should be well evaluated.
- People between the ages of 18 and 40, especially and especially if hair loss is complete, can be decanted at any time.
- Hair tightening can be done to people with sparse hair between the ages of 18 and 40, but decency should be planned.
- 18-40 years old hair loss in the front area of the hair transplantation with the end of the hair is planted in the area 1 – 2cm hair should be planted in the part decked out.
- Hair transplant can be done at any time for people between the ages of 18-40 who are only open to the decks.
- 40 years of age is the time period when male hair loss will stop, so the results are also very good.
- A lot of hair transplantation is not recommended for people over 65, but people who are vigorous as a body can transplant hair, even if they are over 65.
- It is possible to have a hair transplant while the hair is actively falling out, but if it is under regular control.
- If a burn occurred at the age of a child and child, we recommend prosthetic hair until the age of 18.