Was Hair transplant operation a success?
♦ Cosmetics surgeries in general and hair transplant operations in particular are spreading widely around the globe and becoming cheaper, more available and more desirable especially after being performed to many celebrities and wealthy people. Balding in both males and females is certainly the most undesirable problem that everyone wants to get rid of, so no wonder that hair transplant operations are the operations most in demand worldwide.
What is hair transplantation?
♦ Hair transplantation is a medical procedure listed under cosmetic medicine. It’s based on transplanting hair follicles from the area on the back and sides of the scalp (Donor areas) where hair is thick and dense and resistant to hair loss to the areas that suffer from hair loss or baldness or scars left by accidents such as burns or wounds (Recipient areas). The areas where we can perform the operation in are head scalp, the beard, mustache, eyebrow and eyelashes. But it’s very dangerous to perform a hair transplant on the eyelashes and it takes much of skills and precision.
Hair transplantation’s success rate:
♦ The success of the operation and its rate are determined by the doctor during inspection and diagnosis after he/she considers all the factors like age, area of the boldness, causes of the bolding; is it hormonal, genetic or other reasons such as the excessive using of chemical cosmetic products (creams or gels).And he/she takes into account the front head line, the thickness of the hair in donor areas, the nature of the harvested follicles and many other factors. Then the doctor decides if the patient’s situation is good enough to perform the operation or not. If the answer is yes the success rate would be higher than 90%. If it is no then a good doctor would not perform and will advise the patient not to fall under false hopes and lies.
The Factors of a Successful Hair Transplantation:
♦ The doctor is the main reason behind a successful operation. He/she must have good experience, skill and be aware of the chance that his patient has and some other factors like:
- The area of the baldness.
- Hair thickness in donor areas.
- Covering the baldness area in one proportion with the density donor area.
- Which follicles will be harvested and which will stay.
- The space between the harvested follicle and the remaining one.
- Preserving the obtained grafts in medical vessels contains nutrient solution to slow down the metabolic process until its implant.
- The way the host canal is opened is a very important factor for the successful of the operation. OSL technique is the best way to insure a thicker more natural looking hair.
- Taking good care of the scalp especially in the first mouth after the operation.
- Factors rely on the patient such as following the doctor’s instruction and not harming the recipient area.
The cost of the operation:
♦ An exact cost for the operation can’t be define easily. It doesn’t depend on the number of the grafts implanted or the bald area. It’s determined mostly by the amount of work and labor in the operation room. Hair transplantation are fairly expensive in general because of its difficulty, sensitivity and the skill it requires. The doctor must obtain the grafts one by one and implant them in the same way. And if you consider the long time I takes (6 – 9 hours) you can imagine the hard work that lays on him. So if it seems costly to you, you have to remember the labor it takes and the result you will get.