What is a receding hairline?
Receding hairline is, basically, movement in hairline due to hair loss. Both men and women can experience receding hairline, however, men are more likely to have receding hairlines than women. What women experience in general is thinning hair instead of receding hairline but it does not mean that women do not have a receding hairline.
What causes a receding hairline?
Males’ hairlines may recede as they get older. Women, on the other hand, are more prone than men to have thinning or receding hairlines. But what about the reason?
The explanation could be anything, however, the following are the most prevalent causes of hair loss.
The main reasons:
- Family genetics
- Smoking cigarettes
- Over-styling one’s hair, especially with a heat machine
- Using chemicals to color hair, such as bleach and peroxide
- Consuming a diet high in saturated fat, processed foods, preservatives, and sugar
- Selecting tight hairstyles such as cornrows and braiding
So, these are the main reasons why your hairline recedes, you should avoid these elements if you do not want to lose your hair!
Hair Transplant for Receding Hairline
People who suffer from balding, receding hairlines, or even loss of density in the temple area can benefit from hair transplant for receding hairline, which is a non-invasive cosmetic surgery.
As you know, losing hair in the temples and the hairline area is one of the signs of early male baldness. However, all hair problems including irregular hairline or a receding hairline due to male pattern baldness or aging can be solved using a hair transplant procedure. During this procedure, the surgeon will take the patient’s personal hair from the donor area and implant it in the temple area. This implanted hair will permanently solve the problems of low hair density or baldness.
You should know that the hair transplant for the front hairline is the permeant answer for problems of hair loss, thinning in the temples area, and a receding hairline. Before doing this surgery, you need to make sure that your hair loss is not momentary and passing in order to get the best possible results from this procedure. However, we can tell you that the best candidate for Hair Transplant for Receding Hairline surgery are people who suffer from male pattern baldness, female pattern baldness, or high and irregular hairlines.
Over 50% of men over 50 years old suffer from hair loss and baldness that are connected to male pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia. In most cases, male pattern baldness starts from the hairline and temple area, which will create a receding hairline that extends to the central area and then to the vertex area of the head. While in women, the hair loss could spread all over the head or be limited to one area like men’s baldness.
More and more patients do hair transplant hairline as a solution for a high forehead from birth or created by aging. This surgery can be the solution for an uneven hairline too.
You should know that a hair transplant for a receding hairline is like any other hair transplant procedure; it will start with anesthesia, then extracting the grafts; after that, the doctor will open channels in your hairline to implant the hair grafts. However, this is a much quicker procedure since there’s less hair to be transplanted in even a smaller area, it usually takes 3 to 4 hours to be performed.
Hair usually grows in groups of 1-4 hairs, and that is what is advanced hair transplant techniques do, surgeon will implant hair in groups of 1-4 hair follicular units in order to give you the most natural look.
As we already know, a hairline look is very important to your look, since it is the first thing that people notice in your face; that is why doctors try to get patients satisfaction by giving them optimal results that are aesthetically pleasing. Every patient has a different case, that is why you need a professional surgeon that gives you a natural-looking hairline that suits your face shape. Hairline design is very important, especially since the results are permanent, you don’t want your hairline to look fake and unnatural like you are wearing a bad wig.
That is why, we always say that designing a good hairline not only requires medical and scientific knowledge, it is also an aesthetic and artistic attitude. We collected the most influencing factors that need to be considered when designing a hairline.
- Patient gender: Hairline’s shape is naturally different between men and women; we know that men usually have a more curved hairline while women have a straighter hairline.
- Forehead muscles: The professional doctor knows that hair grafts must be implanted in the forehead area where there are no muscles.
- Age: Hairline will naturally recede with age, so, an older patient won’t have the same low hairline as a young man; otherwise, the procedure results will look very unnatural.
- Width of the forehead: The roundness and curvedness of your hairline should be decided based on the width of your forehead.
- Hair Direction: The successful hairline transplant should always adapt to your natural angle and direction of the hair. That is why a doctor implants hair in the forehead in a zig-zag position and not a straight line.
- Patient preferences: Of course, your opinion will be taken under consideration when designing a hairline, after all, we seek to meet the patient’s preferences and tastes.
You need to know that immediately after your hairline transplant surgery, much of the hair from the donor grafts will fall. However, there is nothing to be scared about, this is very normal, and hair will regrow again in the coming months.
We advise you to be patient during this sensitive time and keep in mind that every follicle lives by its own schedule and keeps its own calendar. It may take up to a year for your hairline transplant results to fully appear.